26. Will You Marry Me?

Hello Fam :)

There is a hell lot of editing required in the further chapters and I have managed to injure my wrist due to which I am unable to use my mobile. Hence, the updates are taking time. Please, bear with me. :(

Haven't replied to the comments on the previous chapter but thank you for writing them. They are a source of encouragement. :)

Happy Reading...

Precap - Manik and Mukti confess about beating Harshad. Manik explains Nandini. 

Mukti, who was worried for both Manik and Nandu's anger, decides to help Manik in calming her down. Reaching Nandu's room, she finds her on a call. She was rather calm and Manik was nowhere to be seen in the room. Nandu smiles at her and gestures her to sit.

After the call, Nandu takes a seat in front of Mukti. She holds an ear before giving Mukti an apologetic look.

Nandu: Mukti, I am sorry for my earlier behavior.

Mukti smiles at her and holds her hand.

Mukti: Don't be. I have always considered you as my sister. Even though we don't talk much, I have known you enough through Manik and now Cabir. I have always admired you for your personality. I know you are too good and are not happy with Harshad's thing but I am not even a bit regretting of what happened.

Nandu(concerned): Mukti.

Mukti(informs): Before you panic again, you are not the only girl he harassed. There are many. I got his mobile number traced down and he sends messages of these kinds to multiple girls. Imagine kitne ladkiyan aaj khush hongi. And there's another thing which Manik have no idea about.

Nandu(confused): What?

Mukti(smirks): The Commissioner of Police happens to be my Dad's friend. He knows me since my childhood. I asked him for the permission for this act after showing him the proof. Also, Harshad's mobile number is tapped. If there's any such message going from his mobile, he will be arrested. Not only you but now every other girl is safe from him.

Nandu(shocked): Then why the hell were you so scared listening to the news?

Mukti(winks): Tere se darr laga tha, babydoll.

Nandu(sarcastically): You, Manik and Cabir, kitna darte ho na mujhse?

They both burst out laughing. After some time, Mukti leaves for her room. Nandu takes a leave from office for herself and Manik as both of them was tired.

Half an hour later

Mukti's room

Mukti was working on her laptop when Manik barged into her room. Putting the laptop aside, he lies down comfortably, placing his head on her lap. Mukti smiles at him and ruffles his hair.

Mukti(teased): Kya hua mere Majnu ko? Laila ki yaad aa rahi hai kya?

Manik(declares): Mukuu, I love you.

Mukti(surprised): Of course you love me, kiddo.

Manik: Like really wala love. Acting wala nahi. Infinity wala love.

He stretches his hands widely trying to show the amount of love he has for her.

Mukti(suspiciously): Woah, lover boy. Itna 'love'. Chal bata kya kand kiya tune ab?

Manik gets up and gives her a nervous smile before explaining what had happened a few minutes back.

Flashback