18. The Trust

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

Morning, Malhotra Industries

Manik, who usually comes along with Nandu and Raj, left home earlier than them, making them both wonder. Coming to the office, Nandu didn't find him in his cabin. She went to her cabin thinking Manik might be busy somewhere else in the office and she gets busy with her work.

She was working on a file meanwhile waiting for Cabir and Abhimanyu to discuss their project. Cabir was the first one to come for the meeting. Not finding Manik, he went straight towards Nandu's cabin with a frown on his face.

Cabir(in a low tone): Good morning, Nandu.

Nandu(smiled): Morning, Cabir. Aaj itna plain morning kyun? And Nandu instead of Ms. Murthy?

Cabir(giving a small smile): Haan aise hi. Waise Manik kaha hai?

Nandu(frowning): Isn't he there in his cabin?

Cabir(confused): No.

Nandu(picking up the phone): Where the hell is this guy? He didn't even come to office with us.

Cabir(frowns): His mobile is switched off too.

Nandu calls someone to her cabin.

After a few minutes,

Aman enters her cabin. He is an employee who mostly helps Manik whenever he is in need.

Nandu(questions): Aman, where's Manik?

Aman(informs): Ma'am, sir had some work outside so he said he will be coming late.

Nandu(sarcastically): And did you think this as some highly confidential thing that you didn't think of informing me when you already know this piece of information?

Aman(stammered): He..he told me only to tell you if you ask me.

Nandu(gritting her teeth): Leave. Don't show me your face again.

Aman(scared): Do..I..still...have..the job?

Nandu(furious): Get out. Just get lost.

He runs from there to save his life. After he leaves, Cabir who was observing her every move, speaks.

Cabir(softly): Nandu, calm down.

Nandu(fumed): Did you just see his carelessness? He could have at least inform me, right? But no. Everyone wants to work in their own way.

Cabir was slightly angry on Nandu for talking in that way about Manik. The best friend in him tried defending him.

Cabir(controlling his anger): Nandini, he might be busy somewhere. Otherwise, Manik would never do something like this.

Nandu(baffled): When did I say I was talking about Manik? It's Aman. That idiot saw me twice around Manik's cabin looking for him and yet he didn't feel like informing me before.

Cabir(surprised): Matlab tum Manik se gussa nahi ho?

Nandu(explained): Come on, Cabir. He might be stuck somewhere with something really important otherwise Manik can never be this irresponsible. Not at least about his work.

Cabir smiled softly seeing the trust she had in his best friend. Before he could say anything, someone barged into her cabin with loud noise making Nandu glare at them.

Person(announced): A very good morning to the love of my life.

Turning towards the person, Cabir found Abhimanyu with a bouquet of roses in his hand and a wide smile on his face. The way he addressed her made Cabir wonder about their relationship.