37.1 The Moster Malhotra

Hello Fam :)

This Chapter is repeated again at the end of the book because I have missed it and it has been months. It would be unfair to ask all the readers to go back and search for chapter number 37.1. You can read either one and ignore the other. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Happy Reading...

Manik reaches the place of Harshad. It was an abandoned warehouse. Unknowing to Manik, Mukti calls the commissioner and asks him to send a police force to the place to ensure Manik's safety. The police were asked to jump in the scene when the situation worsens.

Manik(yells): Harshad.

Harshad: Ahan lover boy. Itni awaaz sehat ke liye acha nahi hota. Did you come to hand over my Nandini to me? It must be too hard for you to let go of the girl you love, right? I will share her with you. You can choose the days but in return....

Before he could complete his sentence, without any warning, Manik punches Harshad, surprising him. He falls down due to the intensity of the punch. Not giving any time to recover, Manik starts punching and kicking him hard. Harshad gets surprised to see the monstrous form of the person whom he neglected thinking as a kid. Blood was oozing out from his body but Manik didn't stop. It's as if he was in a different state altogether. Unable to take anymore assault, Harshad fells on his feet for his mercy, breathing heavily. Manik holds his collar and makes him stand.

Manik: Do you want to know, who had beaten the shit out of you the other day near the bar? You have clearly underestimated the kid in front of you, Harshad. One more time, if you look or even think about Nandini, you will be dead. And by now, you very well know me. It won't take a minute for me to kill you. I don't know what you will do, I don't want to see you anywhere around Mumbai, otherwise, there won't be even traces of your dead body.

The police come into the scene and separate both of them.

Police: Mr. Malhotra, please leave it upon us. We will make sure he doesn't get bail this time.

Manik: Before that, he wishes to fall on Nandini Murthy's feet and ask for an apology. Right, Mr. Saxena?

He nods scaredly. The police follow Manik to the hospital. Mukti waits impatiently for Manik outside Nandini's room. She gets worried seeing a few cuts on his hands, his disheveled clothes covered with blood stains and messed up hair.

Manik: Nandu theek hai?

Mukti(cupping his face): Yeah, she is fine. Tujhe kya ho gaya hai, Manik? Are you fine? These cuts? Dressing ke liye chal.

Manik: Mukti, I am fine. There's someone here to meet Nandini.

She finds Harshad with handcuffs along with a few policemen.

Mukti: Why the hell did you bring him here? You know right, we can't afford to stress Nandu?

Manik: Mukti, she needs to face him. She needs to see him in this state to overcome her fear. I can't let her stay scared about him all her life. I know, what I am doing.

Mukti gives up. Manik nods at one of the policemen asking him to take in. He along with Mukti goes to meet Nandini first. She panics seeing Manik in a messed up state.

Nandu: What happened to you? Manik.

Manik(smiles, side hugging her): I am fine. Look, I am right in front of you. Nandini, do you trust me?

Nandu nods confusedly.

Manik: I am not leaving your side. Just stay calm for a few minutes.

Soon after, a policeman enters with Harshad. She looks at Manik to which he blinks his eyes in assurance. His hand around her shoulder helps her in staying calm. She notices how badly Harshad was beaten up as he was finding it too difficult to walk. Harshad falls on her feet, startling her.