41. Unedited

Saturday, Malhotra Office

Saturday was a half day and Nandu wanted to have a casual meeting with all her staff members. Raj was at Thakkar Industries, for their project.

Conference Room

Nandu starts the meeting and explains about the ongoing projects in the company and assigns the work respectively for the Singhania's project which will start in some days.

Nandu: Aman, I need you to submit the rough ideas by monday. You can take the help of anyone you want. Is that clear?

Aman(stuttered): Ma'am...I..have..

Nandu: Speak up. I don't have the whole day for you.

Aman: Why are we doing the Singhania's project when we already are doing the Thakkar's one.

Manik(backing him): Isn't that the reason why we have postponed the Dhawan's project? So as not to overburden ourselves.

Nandu: That's the reason why we are dividing the work people and also because Singhania's project is a small one whereas Dhawan's is huge. I am working on the Thakkar's project. And Manik will assist me. I will assign people for the same, if I need anyone else. Meanwhile, Aman will lead the Singhania's project. And Mr. Malhotra himself wants to supervise it. He is busy with finalizing the Thakkar's project. After that, he wants to concentrate on this. Is that clear now? Aman?

Aman: Yes, ma'am. I will..do..my..best.

Nandu: I am expecting the best, Aman. And please stop stammering everytime you talk to me. If you need any help, for any doubts, you can contact Manik. Manik, fine?

Manik nods with a yes. They discuss some other points before dispersing.

After the meeting, she asks the two new employees to stay back who have joined recently in place of the girls who have been fired a few days back. Manik was there gathering the files and the laptop.

Nandu: Ms. Mehta, is the work done?

Ms. Mehta: Yes, ma'am. I have already mailed you.

Nandu: Good. I will go through it. You may leave.

Nandu: Ms. Sharma, how is the progress in tallying the accounts going on?

Ms. Sharma: Ma'am, I am sorry. I couldn't able to finish it. I need some more time.

Nandu: Ms. Sharma, let's be practical. It's not even a week since you have joined the company. I don't expect you to understand all the files in accounts section just in a blink. But I need to see the progress. Get the file, you are working on, to my cabin.

Ms. Sharma: Yes, ma'am.

She leaves, leaving only Manik and Nandini behind. Nandu, being tired, sat on a chair and was drinking water when Manik walks up to her and kisses her head.

Manik(caressing her hair): Stop stressing yourself.

Nandu(chuckles): Kaam phir kaise hoga, Malhotra?

Manik: Kaam ho jayega. Kaam karte karte tum bimar na pad jao.

Nandu: Tum ho na, to take care of me.

Manik(smiled widely): I am. Always.

She pecks his cheek and they leave for her cabin. Nandu was discussing some points with Manik when the girl comes in with her file.

Ms. Sharma: Ma'am, the file.

Nandu takes the file and goes through it. She gets impressed with her progress.