6. Meeting and Pizzas

Hello Fam. :)

Happy Reading...

Malhotra Mansion, Terrace

As expected Nandu was looking at the stars. But today, instead of admiring them, she was thinking about Mukti. It has always been the case. Nandu was never fond of Mukti.

As Manik says, he doesn't need to worry till the time Mukti is there. She has every solution to Manik's problems and Manik feels light after sharing his worries or happiness with Mukti.

But what Nandu never understood was why? She doesn't have any personal issues with Mukti. She doesn't know the reason for her dislike towards her. Maybe because Mukti is more close to Manik than anyone else. But, then Cabir is close to Manik too. These three share an inseparable bond between them. Both Cabir and Mukti pamper Manik to no extent. Sometimes she feels bad that she didn't have any such friends. Her thought process was disturbed by a tap on her shoulder. She found Manik beside her.

Nandu(smiles): Done with your talks? Where is she now?

Manik(grins): Paris. You know she met dad there.

After moments of silence, Nandu left for her room after wishing him a 'goodnight'. Manik got a call from Cabir.

Call

Cabir: How is she?

Manik: She is showing that she is fine.

Cabir: Kuch bataya?

Manik: What do you think?

Cabir: Acha, don't overthink about it. She will be fine. Tu bhi so ja.

Manik: Goodnight Cabir.

Call Ends

Manik too retires for his room.

Next day

Usual day at Malhotra mansion. Nandu got ready for office and was waiting at the breakfast table for Manik.

Manik(sheepishly): Sorry, I am late.

Nandu(glares playfully): When will your day start with a good morning instead of Sorry?

Manik pouts and they have their breakfast silently. Soon after, they leave for office where they were supposed to discuss the grouping with Dhawan. They directly go to Nandu's cabin.

Nandu(questioned): Check if there's any mail from Thakkar's. Also, what's the time Cabir was supposed to come?

Manik(informed): He didn't inform any.

Nandu(frowned): What do you mean by didn't inform? Call him now.

Manik smirks secretly and calls Cabir and puts the phone on speaker.

Call

Cabir(casually): Haan, Manik. What's up.

Manik(in a professional tone): Mr. Dhawan, at what time can we expect you here for discussing about Thakkar's project?

Cabir(disbelievingly): Tu phir shuru ho gaya. I have already told you right, main aa nahi raha. I am katti with your Madam.

Manik looks at Nandu hiding his smile to which she glares at him before snatching the phone from him.

Nandu(sternly): Mr. Dhawan can we expect you here by 11. Or do you want me to finalize someone else?

Cabir(scared): No. Miss. Murthy. I will be there by 10.30 itself. No need to go for someone else.