30. The Confession

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

Nandu(concerned): What happened? Why this sad mood?

Manik(restless): I don't know. Usually, it's Mukti who pulls me out whenever I am sad or confused but today I don't know what to tell her.

Nandu(amused): Manik, I am not a doctor who would tell you the reason behind your sadness.

Manik(staring at her): I don't need a doctor. You could only help me.

He ran his fingers through his already messy hair.

Nandu(surprised): Me?

Manik(whispers): Why are you forcing yourself for having a relationship with me?

Nandu(frowned): And when did I say, I am forcing myself?

A look of panic rushed across his face.

Manik: Iska matlab we are not in a relationship?

Nandu was taken aback by his question as she sensed the restlessness in his voice.

Nandu(softly): Manik, question ka jawab question nahi hota. Stop confusing yourself and also me. What's bothering you?

Manik(playing with his fingers): I don't want to be in a relationship without love. I don't want to force you for staying with me just because I have some feelings for you.

Nandu resisted her urge to roll her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest.

Nandu: Idiot, we just kissed and you think you are forcing me? Do you really know what 'forcing' means?

Manik: But you don't love me.

Manik stated as a matter of fact. Nandu, on the other hand, smiled at him.

Nandu(cupping his cheek): Manik...Manik, look at me. Manik, I have never wished for any man in my life. I never wanted to. But you know, when I was reading the book yesterday, those feelings you have written, it all reminded me of you. You are the only person, I guess, in this whole world with whom I can just be myself, comfortable and also happy. You never judge me, you even understand the things which I feel confused about. Do you even realize how you have crept inside my heart and bared my soul? You know, I felt helpless when you acted stubborn to be my friend, to know about me. But that was the bestest thing that happened to me. You have accepted my insecurities and vulnerabilities, the scared me, the raw me. You are the reason for my happiness, Manik. I have stopped smiling since I don't know when. You brought back my peace. You are an angel. My angel.

Manik: But..love?

Taking his hand into hers, Nandu spoke hesitantly, carefully choosing her words.

Nandu: Manik, I might still be uncomfortable to have a physical relationship with you but I haven't been this sure before. Until yesterday, I know, I love uncle. I love my parents and that I cared for you. But I feel something different towards you, something too strong. I am scared to trust people, to get close to them. People have either changed with time or have left me. That's exactly the reason why I am not mentioning the L word as of yet. But to be frank, deep down in my heart, I know what I feel for you. It's all new for me. I don't know how to love a person. Will you teach me how to love you?

She looked at him. It was rare to see her vulnerable, to see her frightened and Manik felt lucky to have known this side of hers perfectly, more than anyone else.

Manik(whispered): There's nothing to teach, Nandini. I don't want you to change anything about you just for me. Just don't lose the comfort with me. You don't even need to confess it. I promise I will be there for you, always.