15. A Lost Friend?

Hello Fam :)

I have started this book a few months ago but couldn't continue writing it. Reason? After writing a part of this chapter, I have lost interest. I felt the previous chapters boring and too emotional. But I couldn't delete it as they are required.

I felt some pace in the story after this chapter. I need your opinions though. :)

Happy Reading...

Next day, evening
Malhotra Mansion

Everyone at Malhotra mansion was getting ready for the party. Both the men, after getting ready, were waiting for Nandu. As soon as she came, Manik gaped at her and Raj smirked looking at his expressions. Nandu, who was busy with her mobile, was oblivious of their reactions.

Raj(grinned): Princess, you are looking beautiful. I don't know kitne ladke marenge aaj.

He teased Manik, who looked down afraid of being caught.

Nandu(playfully glared at him): Uncle, chale we are getting late.

They all leave for the party. After reaching the venue, Nandu held Raj's hand and went in. Manik was behind them calling Cabir. They all go towards Cabir.

Cabir(fake shocked): Uncle, party outsiders ke liye nahi hai. Yeh aap kis ladki ko utha laye. Where's our Nandu?

Nandu(glared): Cabir, I am preponing my murder plans.

Cabir(complimented): Arey Nandu, you are looking gorgeous.

Nandu(sarcastically): And you are not looking less than a monkey. A hungry one rather.

Cabir glared at her which she shrugged off. Soon, they were busy talking to other business people. Nandu saw Manik engrossed in his mobile unaware of the stares he was getting from the females around. She also found Dhruv smirking at a corner looking at them. Cringing her eyebrows, she went to Manik.

Nandu: Manik?

Manik(still looking at the phone): Haan, bolo.

Nandu(rolling her eyes): Manik, look at me.

Manik looks up at her.

Nandu(questioned): What are you so busy at?

Manik(whines): Arey Nandu, main subway surfers khel raha tha. I am about to complete the daily challenge. Tumhari wajah se beech mein ruk gaya.

Nandu(sarcastically): Sure. But Mr. Malhotra, the female homo sapiens present here are unaware of the kid inside you and are eye feasting you, going by your sinfully handsome looks. So, I would suggest you, be more careful rather than playing this stupid games.

Manik(pouts): This is not a stupid game.

Nandu(glares): Tumhe bas wahi samajh aaya hai?

Manik gives her a sheepish smile and looks around. Keeping his mobile in his pocket, he concentrates on the small stage where the announcement was about to take place.

Mr. Thakkar comes on stage and announces that they will be doing the project with the Malhotra and Dhawan Industries. Everyone starts congratulating them. Raj excuses himself to meet Mr. Thakkar, one of his old friends. Cabir, Manik, and Nandu were talking, when they were interrupted by someone.

'Will you go on a date with me'.

Manik who was drinking some juice choked on it. Cabir was amused and Nandini, whose back was facing him, turned around to look at the person.

Nandu(surprised): Mr. Thakkar?

Abhimanyu(grinned): Will you go on a date with me, Ms. Murthy?