12. The plan backfires

Hello Fam :)

There was so much of love and trust towards Manik in the last chapter. Glad, you all love him. I was writing some final chapters. I don't know about Nandu but I can clearly see you all falling for Manik towards the end of the story. No, I am not at all teasing you. :P

Happy Reading...

Everyone stood up in shock after seeing the pictures of Manik.

The only three people sitting were Dhruv with a smirk, Nandu with her eyes closed trying to control her anger and Manik too numb to react.

Nandu after composing herself stood up with a smile. Manik had his head hung low unable to look at anyone.

Nandu(calmly): Everyone, please have your seat.

Hearing a calm Nandu, Dhruv frowned while Raj stared at her. She went towards Raj and squeezed his shoulder without anyone's notice, assuring him, before speaking to Dhruv.

Nandu(smiled sarcastically): Some nice designs of yours right, Mr. Vedant?

Dhruv(confused): What do you mean?

Nandu(angrily): What did you think, you will point a finger at the heir of Malhotra Industries and we will believe you?

For the first time, Manik snapped his head towards Nandini. Raj was rather relaxed, as he trusted his princess, while everyone else present there was just witnessing the drama to unfold.

Dhruv(mocked): Miss. Murthy, didn't you see the date and time in the video? I think you are quite ignorant about technology, but the date and time can't be created.

Nandu(dramatically apologized): I am extremely sorry for being ignorant towards technology. Let me check the date once.

The tone in her voice said she was anything but sorry. She checked the date before bursting out into laughter. Everyone looked at her confused.

Nandu(composing herself): You are pretty much updated, Mr. Vedant. Is this video of yesterday?

Dhruv: Yes. And I guess, Mr. Malhotra here was on a leave yesterday.

Dhruv said with a smirk but seeing Nandini smirking back at him, he frowned. She started clapping.

Nandu(fake smiled): Good job, Mr. Vedant. You have gathered so much information. But let me clear you out one thing. You should have cross-checked the information when you do these things. I was with Manik the whole of yesterday. I would be happy if you mind your own business instead of poking into others.

Dhruv(chuckles): So, it was you with whom he was there.

Nandini walks towards him before slapping him hard. Twice.

Nandu(fumed): I don't need to explain to you our family matters. Unlike you, we trust each other. My uncle was with me. We all were at home and not in a state to work. And we take a leave on this date every year. Just leave from here. One more time, if I see you around my office premises I would give you restraining orders and put you behind bars. Just get lost now. The meeting is over.

Nandini took a glass of water before gulping it down as everyone left the room except Raj and Manik. Manik was still gaping at Nandini while Raj had a proud look on his face. Nandu looked at both of them before speaking,

Nandu(calmly): Manik, meet me after you are done with your talks.

Manik nods still in trance. She left for her cabin after giving a quick hug to Raj. Raj chuckled at his reaction and shook him.

Manik(stammered): Papa..I..

Raj(patting his head): Manik, don't take this into your head. Just focus on your work. It's all over now. And haan, apni boss se jaldi mil lena before she thinks of firing you.

Raj chuckles at him and leaves from there after hugging him while Manik looked at his father. Little did his father know, he was already fired. That's what Nandini told him. Maybe she wanted to give him some letter stating "he is terminated from his services at Malhotra Industries", he thought. He went to her cabin after putting a brave face. Knocking before entering the cabin, he saw her all engrossed in her laptop. Nandu glanced towards him as he didn't utter any word after entering in and found him standing, looking down.

Nandu(while typing on her laptop): Start focusing on your work. Thakkar's might send a mail at any time and I don't want to miss that. Also, I want the initial designs ready. At least some rough ones. If they select us, there might not be much time left. Arrange a meeting with Mr. Dhawan, tomorrow. And change your expressions, I am getting bored of this shocked look on your face.

Manik(bewildered): Am I not fired?

Nandu(amused): Itna kuch bola, and you are still stuck on that? This envelope. Why didn't you check it before passing it to me, when I clearly asked you to check each and every paper that reaches me?

Manik(looking down): Ma'am, it just had your name. Mujhe laga it's something personal.

Nandu(softly): Tumhe laga? Manik, there's nothing about me that's 'personal' which you don't know. If it all there is any, it's not intended. I might have forgotten to tell you or I couldn't tell you due to some reasons. Either way, I won't mind if you get to know anything of such sort through any source. You can always come up to me for an explanation. And yeah, it's not ma'am. It's still Nandu for you.

Manik(panicked): But that girl...I..

Nandu(smiled in assurance): Manik, as I said, I don't need any explanations from you.

Manik(frustrated): Arey bolne do na mujhe. Koi sun hi nahi raha meri baat.

He huffed and sat on the couch, crossing his arms across his chest. Nandu smiled at him and went to sit beside him. After taking his hand in hers, she said,

Nandu: Batao. Kya bolna hai?

Manik(stuttered hesitantly): Nan..Nandu... (He glanced towards her to see any change of expression but instead found her smiling. She blinked her eyes to continue)

Manik(explained): She came to my cabin saying she had some doubt and asked me to check the file for any possible mistakes. I was looking into the file. Just before you came, she threw the file from my hands and she was all over me. I don't know..I was..

He took a deep breath seeing which Nandu squeezed his hands.

Nandu(rubbing the back of his hand with her thumb): shh..I know. Manik, it's all planned. Didn't you see woh envelope aur woh ladki dono ek hi time par aaye the. I am sure it's Dhruv behind all these.

Manik(confused): Lekin why me? Maine kya bigada hai uska?

Nandu(frowned): I don't know. But, he has something going on in his head. Let's wait for his next move. Aur Manik, tum apna dhyan rakhna. I don't want you to be in trouble again. It was pure luck, the dates were of yesterday's. Nahi toh, it would have been difficult proving this to people. Not that I care about what they think but if you are working here, I don't want them to give you those accusing glances. You worked hard to be in this position, not because you were a Malhotra. People are eager to point that out.

Manik(in a trance): Why are you talking like my Nandu?

He unknowingly questioned her. As soon as the words escaped his mouth, he knew she will shut him out again and answering his fears, she stood up. 

What do you think about Nandini? Still hating her? 

In love with my boss ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara