19. Manik's Secret Meeting

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

Manik hurriedly enters the office and bumps into someone making the person glare at him. Looking up, he finds Raj in front of him.

Raj: Why don't you look straight and walk?

Manik(helplessly): Dad, I have something to tell you.

Raj(worried): Manik, is everything fine? Why are you so stressed up?

Manik(mumbled): Dad, aap apne cabin mein wait karoge kya? Main Nandu ko lekar aata hun.

Raj nods and leaves for his cabin.

Nandu's cabin

Manik barged into the cabin without knocking and found her engrossed in her file. When he didn't utter any word for a few seconds, she understood who exactly can barge in her cabin and stay silent. She spoke still working, without moving her head.

Nandu(casually): Finally yaad aa gayi office ki?

Manik(sighed): Nandu..

One look at him and she understood he is messed up. She stood up and went towards him.

Nandu(frowning): Manik, are you ok? Did anything happen? Where were you since the morning?

He hugged her tight, assuring himself of her presence. Breaking the hug, he looked at a confused Nandu.

Manik(whispered): Just come with me, please.

She nods and follows him.

Raj's cabin

Nandu finds herself in Raj's cabin with an equally worried Raj waiting for them. As soon as he sees them, he hands a glass of water to Manik which he gulps down in a go. Nandu settles down on the couch with Manik beside her and Raj pulls a chair in front of them.

Raj(caresses his hair): Manik, you are making us worried now. Batao beta, hua kya hai?

When he hesitates to speak and was playing with his fingers, Nandu held is hands making him snap at her.

Nandu(assured): Manik, you know right, we trust you? You can share anything with us.

Taking a deep breath, he spoke.

Manik(confessed): I got a call today in the morning. It's from Dhruv. He asked me to meet him at Vedant Industries.

Raj(furious): Are you mad, Manik? Even after knowing what he is capable of, you still decided to go meet him without informing anyone.

Nandu(softly): Uncle, calm down.

Raj(frustrated): How can I? When he is so eager to land himself in trouble.

Nandu(calmly): Let's hear him first?

She mouths a 'please'. Raj gets up and paces across the room to calm himself down. While Nandu tightens her hold on Manik's hand and blinks her eyes to continue further. He looks down for a moment before speaking.

Manik(hesitantly): He offered me the CEO position and..

Nandu(cutting him off): Manik, just tell us, you didn't accept this offer. You know what this company means to uncle. You don't need to go somewhere else when this company is..

Raj(sternly): Nandini. You are not supposed to say that.

Nandu(argued, helplessly): He deserves to know.

Raj was about to say something when he was Manik interrupted.

Manik(pissed): You restless human beings. Just hear me out first. I am not interested in knowing that little secret of yours which you are finding too difficult to hide it from me.

Nandu: Manik, it's..

Manik(assured): Nandu, I understand I am just an assistant and there are things that are between the board of directors which are not supposed to know for the rest of the employees.

Raj smiles at him and takes a seat in front of them and pats his head lovingly.

Raj(sarcastically): Batao what else is there for us to know in your elaborate 'secret' meeting with the Vedants?

Manik glares at his father for being so sarcastic making Nandu chuckle.

Raj(raising an eyebrow): I hope you didn't mess up anything?

Manik nods in a no.

Manik(explains): Dhruv is starting up a company along with one of his friend. Apparently, he wants to start all over again and become independent. As I have experience working here, they want me to quit here and start working there for a better position and salary.

Raj(turning towards Nandu): These retards can never change. I just hope this isn't any new nasty plan of theirs. I will get their company closed if at all they are trying to harm my kids.

Nandu(reasoned): Uncle, we don't have any proofs against them as of yet. We just have to wait for their next move if at all this is a part of some plan. (Turning towards Manik) Manik, did you answer them.

Manik(informs): I just told them, I need some time and escaped from there.

Raj(sternly): You aren't going there again without informing any of us?

Manik nods in agreement.

Nandu(standing up): If this is done, Manik meet me in my cabin.

Manik(afraid): why?

Nandu(teased): While you were out spending a 'quality time' with your best friend you didn't ask 'why'?

She smirks and leaves the room leaving a huffing Manik and laughing Raj.

Raj(teased): She can make you dance on her fingers. Now just go before she thinks to fire you.

Manik glares at his father and practically runs to Nandu's cabin, this time entering after knocking the door.

Manik: Nandu.

Nandu(calmly): Take your seat and tell me everything.

Manik(confused): What?

Nandu: I know there's more to whatever you said back there. I can see those frowns on your face. Just tell me because you won't be at peace without you telling them to anyone. And I need you to concentrate on the Thakkar's project which won't happen unless you clear your head.

Manik(looking down): Promise me, you won't run away or push me or slap me.

Nandu(chuckles): Is it that interesting?

Manik(stammered): They..think you torture me. You boss around me and treat me as a spot when in actual case I am the owner of this place. If at all I will collaborate with them, they will help me to take my revenge against you.

Nandu who was on working on a file dropped the pen being shocked.

Nandu(hesitatingly): What do you think about all this, Manik?

Manik(tensed): No. I don't think like that. Trust me. I respect you, Nandu. There's no revenge. I don't know where did that even come from.

Nandu(sighed in relief): Manik, remember this. If at all you want to take over this company as its CEO, you just need to tell. To me or to Uncle. You know right, you have all the rights on this company?

Manik(frowning): I know but I am not interested. I don't understand all these things. I don't understand the people here. I am happy with my job, being your assistant.

Nandu(smiled reassuringly): Relax. You just have to know this. You neither need to understand about people here nor their baseless talks and opinions.

Manik nods. Nandu shows him the designs. After discussing it for some time, she asks him to send them to Abhimanyu to which he obliges.