17. Jealous Him

Hello Fam :)

This chapter is dedicated to all those people who requested for a jealous Manik when I was writing my previous stories. I couldn't include there. So, enjoy the chapter.

Happy Reading...

Manik(chuckles sadly): It's ok, Ma'am. I don't think we can ever be friends again.

Nandu(confused): Manik, I never said any such thing.

Manik(hurtful): Tum kuch nahi bologi, Nandini. But your actions do. Everyone can see you are suffering inside. But all you do is to cover it up with a smile. Am I not worthy enough to know your pain, Nandini?

Seeing him lost, Nandu held his hand and made him look towards her.

Nandu(helplessly frustrated): Manik, I am just...I don't know. I am unable to put it in words. I am not pushing you away. We aren't back to boss - PA thing again. Hell, I never even saw you as a mere assistant.

Manik(cupping her face): I am sorry. I am really sorry. Relax. I didn't mean to force you. It just hurts so much to see you hurt.

Nandu gives him a small smile. Manik drops her till her room and goes towards his. He messages someone and instantly gets a Skype call.

Call

Mukti(screams excitedly): Heya, Lover Boy.

Manik(guilty): Mukku, I am sorry. I know you are tired and busy and I don't want to disturb you. But..

Mukti(cutting him off): Arey, I am never busy for you meri jaan. Ab jaldi bata kya hua? You are making me worried.

Manik(sighed): And Nandu is making me worried. You know right, we went to a party today?

Mukti(raising an eyebrow): Thakkar's wala na?

Manik(helplessly): Haan. I don't know what happened. She was with Mr. Thakkar, who was talking to Dhruv. But she was shivering. I don't know who could scare her this much. It's not Dhruv.

Mukti(frowned): Of course, it's not Dhruv. What happened exactly?

Manik explains to her whatever he saw. Abhimanyu and Dhruv's word-war and then his own conversation with Dhruv.

Mukti: Was anyone else there?

Manik(pissed): No..arey haan. That Mr. Thakkar was there. I am damn sure usine kuch kiya hoga. Kaise chipak kar dance kar raha tha Nandu ke saath.

Mukti(explained): Manik. Mr. Thakkar was helping Nandu from Dhruv. I guess he is protective towards her. Stop being jealous. We have something important to concentrate, right? Aur koi tha kya waha?

Manik(thinking hard): Oh yeah. There was another guy. I don't know who he is. But he didn't utter a word.

Mukti(suggested): Maybe, he is the person we are searching for? I don't think Nandu batayegi. Why don't you call Mr. Thakkar and ask him about that guy? He might know him.

Manik(snapped): I don't have his number.

Mukti(glared): You are doing a project of theirs and you don't have his number. Do you want me to believe this?

Manik(pouts): Main nahi baat kar raha usse. I hate him.

Mukti(reasoned): Manik, please. He didn't harm Nandu. If Nandu considers him as her friend, you should be happy, right? At least she is comfortable with him na.

Manik(complained): Lekin mere saath happy nahi hai woh. Woh mere saath dance bhi nahi karti. Date par bhi nahi jaati. Uss Thakkar ne date par bulaya and she is very cool with him. Punch bhi nahi mara use.

Mukti(bursts into laughter): Kiddo, calm down. He is an old friend. Agar date par jayegi bhi tho bhi there's nothing wrong. Aur waise bhi you never asked her for date or dance. So, you can't say she rejected you. Ab be serious and call him. Aur jaise hi kuch pata chalta hai, call me.

Manik nods and cuts the call. He checks the time and decides to call Abhimanyu in the morning as it's almost 3 am.

5:30 AM

Manik couldn't sleep and wakes up. He gets to freshen up and goes to Nandu's room to check up on her. Seeing her sleeping, he carefully closes the door and returns back to his room.

Manik's POV

I am supposed to call that Thakkar now. But it's almost 6 in the morning. Will I be disturbing him? Anyways, why should I bother about his sleep? Nandu ke saath dance karte hue use koi problem nahi hai toh abhi bhi nahi honi chahiye.

POV ends

He laughs evilly and calls Abhimanyu. He gets surprised when Abhi picks his call in the first ring itself as if waiting for it.

Call

Abhi(worried): Thank God, you called me. How's Nandu?

Manik(surprised): Fine. But didn't you sleep all night?

Abhi(casually): I told you right, I will be waiting for your call?

Manik(politely): You could have called me, Mr. Thakkar.

Abhi(smiled): It's ok, Manik. Nandu's fine, right. That's all I want.

Manik(guiltily): I am sorry to keep you waiting. Mr. Thakkar, do you have any idea about the person standing beside Dhruv yesterday at the party?

Abhi: Yes, I know him. (They talk for a while.) Chalo Manik, If I am of any help to you, you can call me. For now, I need a sleep badly. Goodnight buddy.

Call Ends.

Manik pulls his hair in frustration and calls his punching bag.

Call

Cabir(blabbered): Aap jis vyakti ko sampark kar rahe hai, woh ab sone mein vyast hai. Kripya thodi der baad call karein.

Manik(wickedly): Agar tune abhi phone rakha, then I am coming there to your home with a water tanker aur tere room mein barsaat hogi. And you will be drenched in rain. Phir Navya will throw you out of the house.

Cabir(pissed): Acha thik hai bol jaldi kya bolna hai.

Manik(declared): That's better. I am here to tell you that I officially hate Mr. Thakkar. He is so disgusting.

Cabir(teased): Teri kal uske saath engagement nahi ho rahi. It doesn't matter if you hate him or not. The point is Nandu doesn't hate him. And hearing their talks, I won't be even surprised if Nandu you know, lov....him

Manik(yelled): Shut up. Nandu doesn't love him.

Cabir(chuckled): Aise usne bataya kya tujhe?

Manik(confidently): Nahi. I know. Nandu can't love such an unprofessional guy. Do you even believe this? When I was addressing him as Mr. Thakkar, he was calling me 'Manik' and 'buddy'.

Cabir(teased): ohh..New buddies in the making. Nice.

Manik(screamed): He isn't my buddy. I hate him.

Cabir(whined): Tu jakar use bolna. Why are you not letting me sleep?

Manik: Go hell with your sleep. Don't show me your face again.

Cabir(seriously): Manik, ek baat kehni thi.

Manik(softening up): Haan bol na.

Cabir: Thanks for entertaining me so early in the morning.

Cabir chuckles. Before Manik could hurl any abuses, he cuts the call, making Manik even angrier.

How was the chapter? 

A/N - If someone hasn't guessed it yet, even before Nandu tells him about her past, Manik will get to the root of her problem himself. And it won't take forever. The person will be revealed soon. Meanwhile, you can concentrate on how their bond will grow during this process. :)