20. Abhi and Nandu

Hello Fam :)

Cabir on behalf of some of the readers who have doubts on Abhimanyu. :P

Happy Reading...

Dhawan Mansion

After the meeting, Cabir heads to his home instead of office to meet the only person who could possibly help him with his entangled nerves.

Navya was in her room reading some magazine when she heard Cabir coming into the room.

Navya(surprised): Cabir, tum itne jaldi aa gaye?

Cabir(helplessly): Navya, I have lots of questions. Please, help me.

Navya(concerned): Kya hua Cabir? Tum itne pareshan kyu ho?

Putting the magazine aside, she asks Cabir to sit and he settles down facing her.

Cabir: You know right, I had a meeting regarding Thakkar's project.

Navya nods.

Cabir(informs): Abhimanyu Thakkar, Mr. Thakkar's son, is handling this project.

Navya(surprised): Abhi? Abhi finally aagaya kya?

Cabir(raising an eyebrow): Tum janti ho use?

Navya(nodding): He is our classmate and friend. We lost contact with him when he went to his 'private vacation' after our graduation.

Cabir(puzzled): Private vacation?

Navya(chuckles): Haan janab world tour par gaye the. Padte padte life bore lagne lagi unhe isliye. He's one crazy person.

Cabir(tensed): Acha woh sab chodo. Yeh batao, is he in love with Nandu?

Navya bursts out laughing listening to him.

Navya: Are you mad, Cabir? Abhimanyu loves Nandu? Kisne bola tumhe yeh sab?

Cabir(frowns): Navya, he was calling her 'love of my life'. Aur woh all names and those roses.

Navya(chuckles): Acha woh. He just calls her that. He is protective towards her. And he flirts with her. But only with Nandu. I don't know why.

Cabir(reasoned): Maybe he has a crush on her and is afraid to tell Nandu about it?

Navya(baffled): Crush? Nahi, never. He never crosses his limit. Ok, so during our graduation, Abhi joined the college a month later than us. Till then everyone in the college got to know about Nandu and she is famous for her punch. She used to punch every guy who proposed to her or ask for a date. And the guys never approached her again. (With a soft smile playing on her lips) But Abhimanyu was different. As part of ragging, he was asked to propose Nandu, earning him a punch from her. He disappeared after that. A week later, he came again with a bunch of flowers. Every day he used to bring her flowers along with his cheesy lines. Few punches and slaps later, Nandu smiled and their friendship started. All he ever wanted was to see a smile on her face and he was stubborn to get what he wanted.

Cabir(argued): I still don't believe that Abhimanyu doesn't have a crush on her. He seems so much in love with her.

Navya(frowns): Arghh...Cabir I don't know. Either you have to believe me or just go ask Abhimanyu. As much as I know, he just fools around with girls. Nandu and him, tease each other. They pull each other's legs. Nandu is his go-to person for his every problem. He even shares about his crushes with her. And she is pretty comfortable with him, maybe because of his efforts. He never ever made her uncomfortable.

Cabir(doubtfully): Aur Manik?

Navya(smiles): Cabir, jaise Abhi is protective of Nandu, she is protective of Manik bhai. Woh dikhati nahi hai but she cares a lot for bhai.

Cabir(pouts): You confused me more.

Navya(ruffled his hair): I know tum bhai ke liye yeh sab kar rahe ho. Even I want the same. Let them be. Time will heal everything.

They talk for sometime and Cabir leaves for office after pecking her head.

Midnight, Malhotra Mansion

Nandu was working on her laptop. When she was done with her work, she moved outside and found a figure pacing in the, now dark, living room. Frowning, she tiptoed and switched on the lights, startling the person.

Manik(jumping in fright): You scared me.

Nandu(rolling her eyes): You scared me, idiot.

Manik(whisper yelled): How could I even scare my boss?

Nandu(glared): Shut up. What are you doing here at this time?

Manik(pushing her lightly): Kuch bhi toh nahi. Tum jakar so jao na. I don't need a company. Go.

Nandu nods her head in disbelief and moves towards the kitchen. After having a glass of water, she takes the water bottle and gives it Manik.

Nandu: Here, have this.

Manik(mocked): Aise bol rahi ho jaise koi drink le aayi ho. It's just a plain water.

Nandu(concerned): Do you need a drink now?

Manik(accusingly): Are you accusing me of drinking now? Kyun agar mujhe subah hangover hua toh you and Dad could scold me, haina?

Nandu(frowned in frustration): What's wrong with you?

Manik(snapped): Nothing's wrong Murth..

Nandu(threatened): Shut up. Not a word should come out of your mouth otherwise I will put a tape there. Now drink this.

He gulps a good amount of water. Nandu pulls him beside her on the couch.

Nandu(warned): Ab batao. What's bothering you but not an extra word?

Manik(intimidated): Mukku. Mukti ka call nahi lag raha. She isn't replying to my messages. Skype par bhi nahi aa rahi.

Nandu(frowns): Email?

Manik(sighed): done. But no reply.

Nandu(assured doubtfully): Manik, she might be traveling.

Manik(helplessly): Nahi. She said her next travel is to India which I guess is after a month. She has some days off and she's visiting here. Lekin ab kyun call nahi utha rahi. Where did she disappear? I am worried, Nandu.

She rubbed his arm to calm him down. Mukti was very close to Manik and it's normal for him to feel scared if she's isn't responding to his calls and messages as they talk on a daily basis.

Nandu(softly): Manik, let's wait for a few more hours. She might be busy somewhere. Let's call her in the morning tomorrow.

Manik: But..

Nandu(ruffling his hair): Kuch nahi hoga. Ab so jao. We will talk in the morning.

Dropping him to his room, she called someone as soon as she entered hers.

Call

Nandu(authoritatively): I am sending you a number. Get me the details of the location from where it's last accessed.

Person: Sure, Mam. I'll get the details by morning.

Nandu(sternly): Half an hour. Otherwise, forget about your job.

Call Ends

She cuts the call without waiting for the other person's reply and gets busy with her work.

Half an hour later

Nandu was engrossed in her work when her mobile buzzed. She picked up the call. Getting satisfied with the details, she thanked him and went to sleep. 

A few answers regarding the relation of Abhimanyu and Nandini. 

Where's Mukti? :P

Spoiler Alert - The second chapter, after this chapter, will reveal the person related to Nandu's past and the fourth chapter reveals Nandu's past. Stay tuned. ;)