Bekah steps in. "Enough. Whatever I have done wrong, my guilt is nothing compared to yours. You want revenge? Fine. But, before you have it, I will look you in the eye and tell you why it was your cruelty and your spite that led us to this."

Nik gestures with his arm. "Go on, then. Speak your piece, and when you are finished, I will grant you the punishment you deserve, even if I have to go through Elijah to do so." He perches himself on top of a tomb pretending to be a judge. "Let it begin. The trial of Rebekah Mikaelson."

"What a relief. His ego is in check," Bekah mutters.

"Just speak your truth," I tell her.

"I'll make certain he behaves himself," Elijah adds. Him and I both sit down on a grave.

"You stand accused of betraying your own blood. How do you plead?" Nik asks.

"I plead you to shut up and listen," Bekah states.

"You summoned our father. You brought him to our home. What possible defense could you have?" Nik questions.

"I knew he was the only thing that you feared, and I wanted you to run," Bekah explains.

"Because you hated me," Nik says bluntly.

"Because you were hateful. You denied me the freedom to love," Bekah insists.

"Oh, so that's your defense? You called Mikael, the Destroyer, the Hunter of Vampires, because I detained you from pursuing some dull suitors," Nik states.

"You were cruel, and controlling, and manipulative," Bekah argues.

"I was trying to protect you!" Nik shouts. "From imbeciles, and leeches. Not to mention your own poor judgment."

"And what about the one that you loved enough to call friend? Why did you forbid me to love Marcel?" Bekah questions.

Nik stands up and points at Bekah. "Do not mention his name."

"What has happened to you? I remember the sweet boy who made me laugh and gave me gifts, who loved art and music. How could you have fallen so far?" Bekah wonders.

"You say you despise Rebekah for her betrayal, and yet no one has stood by your side for so long, not even I myself. Perhaps it's you that's forgotten," Elijah states.

"So, you would paint her as a loyal sister, but she betrayed me out of lust for Marcel. Perhaps that was why you did it, for love. Perhaps I might temper my rage if Rebekah will admit she was a victim of her own idiocy. That her great love, Marcel, used her to oust this family and to take my city," Nik shouts.

"Marcel did not manipulate me," Bekah insists.

"You defend him, and yet you can't help but wonder, what if I'm right?" Nik questions.

"We loved each other. It was your refusal to respect that that led to your ruin," Bekah states.

"Then why didn't he chase after you when you fled New Orleans? Oh, yes! That's right. He was here stealing what I built!" Nik shouts.

"You want me to renounce Marcel, to beg for your forgiveness? I won't. Marcel is not at fault. I called Mikael," Bekah explains.

"Rebekah, you must," Elijah tries to step in.

Bekah starts screaming, "I was the one who brought him to New Orleans because of your wickedness! I wanted love and happiness, and you denied me the freedom to have either. Yes, I hated and I was afraid of our father, but he was a lesser evil than you. My bastard brother who loomed over me, threatening me as you are now. I wanted rid of you, and given the choice, I'd do it again!"