Chapter 62 : New papers

Monday morning. Jane arrived at her locker with a bit apprehension. She didn't know if it would be worse or the same. She saw no tags on it, which was a good thing. Before she could open it, Max appeared next to her, leaned against the lockers.

- "Hey Jane," the redhead smiled.

- "Hey, are you okay?" Jane asked.

- "Yes, I had some things in my locker."

- "Oh shit, I knew it was a bad idea!" the brunette got worked up.

- "Calm down," Max chuckled. "It's fans' letters!"

Jane frowned to her. Fans' letters? What did it mean? Max opened Jane's locker, making fall papers too. Jane's heart stopped, she looked at it like if it was death. The redhead crouched to pick it up and stood next to her girlfriend.

- "Relax Jane, I'm sure it's the same as me."

Max opened the first paper. Jane was surprised to not see an insult or a wish of death on it. It was a thanks. Someone was thanking her, but she didn't know why! Max opened another one, it was Clara, telling her that without them dancing, no other gays would have done it. The last one was a picture of two guys of the Football team holding hands, with a thank you behind it. It was all of this, just gays who managed to assume, thanking her to be the first one.

- "See, I told you you would like it."

Jane found nothing to answer. She had tears in her eyes, happy tears. She never thought she could have such nice words just for her in her locker one day. Max noticed her emotions and gave a small caress on her cheek. Now she could.

- "Hey girls," a girl voice said behind them.

The two girls frowned before turning. It was Clara with a girl next to her.

- "I, I...(clears her throat) First, I want to present you Anna, my girlfriend."

The blonde girl waved to them while Max and Jane nodded to salute her. Anna gave a small kiss to her girlfriend before letting her talk to them.

- "We are in art together," Clara explained. "Thank you, a lot, for everything...When I learned you were lesbian, I began to realise that, maybe I could be a bit like you, that's why I was so curious, you were the only one who could answer me...I'm, I'm glad you found someone, I wasn't expecting Max but it's even better!"

- "It's always better when I'm involved," Max joked.

Jane and Clara chuckled, not really surprised by her remark.

- "I didn't know when I told « rough night », the rough girl was just next to you," Clara told.

- "Yeah, it was actually funny," Jane smiled.

- "I'm not that rough!" Max intervened.

- "You scratched my back!"

- "You didn't even feel it!"

- "Do we have to talk about it now?" Jane murmured.

Max pouted and stopped talking, a bit killing Jane with her eyes.

- "You are very cute together," Clara stated. "I gotta go, I'm happy for you."

The two girls watched their friend walking away.

- "I told you, we have fans," Max smirked. "How is it to be a superstar?"

- "I, I don't know, it's kinda great," Jane answered.

- "Okay, what's wrong?"

- "Nothing."

- "Please Jane, you don't think I don't know how you work since all this time? You are biting your lip on the left, you lightly frown and you look to the floor. You are worried."