Chapter 49 : A break

The redhead was above the saucepan of mac and cheese, stiring lightly with the wooden spoon. The brunette was placing the plates and the cutleries on her table, her cat rubbing at her legs.

- "Cat, I'm going to fall," Jane told with no conviction and watching what was missing on the table.

Max turned her head with a smile while Jane was leaning against the piece of furniture of the kitchen, her arms crossed, facing the living room. The redhead changed the spoon of hand and placed the free one on her girlfriend's arm. Jane looked at her and put her hand on Max's. The two girls were relax, enjoying their moment together, with no one to interrupt them or to ruin their date. Except...

- "Ahouch! Cat!" Jane grumbled.

Max giggled while Jane was trying to put off her cat who was clutched to her leg. As a revenge, Jane decided to tousle his hair with weird gaga noises. The cat had an upset meow before walking away.

- "He hates me now," Jane smiled, getting back in her first position.

- "Definitely," Max chuckled. "It's ready, you can sit."

- "Cool, it's smelling too good, I didn't know how long I could have waited more!"

- "Well, I hope the taste will be as good as the smell!"

- "There is only one way to know that," Jane smirked.

The brunette gave a small kiss on her girlfriend's lips which made her blush a bit. Jane sat at the table while Max was filling their plates with pastas with a big smile on her face. They spent the last weeks having secret dates at each other's place, enabling themselves to be closer than usual, but Max was still very sensitive to Jane's kisses, and wanted to have this sensation all her life.

- "Eat slowly, you're gonna choke!" Max lightly said.

- "(gulps) Sorry," Jane pouted. "But it's too good! I want this to be my last meal."

- "If you continue to eat like that, it will be!" the redhead joked.

- "Then, I wanna be cremated, and I don't want a ceremony," Jane answered.

- "Oh yeah, let's talk about death while we are eating, it's so romantic!" Max chuckled.

- "You don't want something special, you?"

- "I wanna die one day before you, like that I won't have to burn your dead body."

- "Good answer," the brunette chuckled.

Max gently pushed her head with an amused sigh. After their dinner, the two girls got ready to go to bed. Jane had big dark circles and small eyes, it was time to take some rest. Max laid down on the side of the wall, Jane on her right. The redhead was on her back, strectching her arms when Jane rolled on her side and wrapped her arms around her waist.

- "If you want me to move, you just need to ask," Jane said.

- "Are you kidding!? I want you to stay like that forever!" Max answered, placing her arm on Jane's, rubbing it.

Jane took support on her left arm to give a « goodnight » kiss to Max. But both of the girls wanted more. Jane leaned again, kissing more her girlfriend.

Max slid her hand from Jane's back to her hair, caressing her cheek with her thumb, and getting her closer to her. She felt Jane's hand grabbing more firmly her waist and rolling a bit more on her which increased the heat inside her. Her heart was racing so much that she thought it was going to explode! The butterflies in her stomach were stuck in a pleasant tornado and the sensation between her legs was always asking more. Max broke the kiss by gently pushing her girlfriend and took a moment to calm her breathing and to admire the pretty girl above her.

- "Did I hurt you?" Jane asked.

- "No, no, it's just..." Max hesitated.

- "You're not ready, it's fine, I understand," the brunette smiled.

She leaned again for a small kiss this time and slowly rolled on her back. While Jane was falling asleep, Max couldn't stop thinking of this, of all the sensations she had in her body, it was magical! But there still was this part of her, worrying about this new lifestyle, with a boy it was kinda clear how to...do this, but with a girl, she didn't know. She didn't know how to do it, she didn't know if she was good at it, if she would like it. They has been together for only three weeks, it was too soon for her. She shook her head, and tried to sleep.

When the redhead reopened her eyes, the sun was trying to pass through the curtains, but there was nobody next to her. She looked at the alarm clock on the white nightstand and saw it was half past seven. By the murmurs she was hearing from the corridor, she understood that Jane woke up to see her sister before she left for her work. The entrance's door slammed. It was now silent, with only footsteps heard. The room's door opened, and Jane appeared. She apparently didn't notice that Max was awake because she was trying to make the less noise possible, until...

- "Oh fuck!" the brunette exclaimed before completely falling on her floor making a big « BOOM ».

Max couldn't hold her laugh and rolled to see her girlfriend facing the floor.

- "Did I wake you up?" Jane asked with smile.

- "Jane, you woke up the entire town!" the redhead giggled.

The brunette accompanied her girlfriend with a small chuckle before standing again and sitting on the bed.

- "I need to tidy my room."

- "You think?" Max mocked.

Jane smiled and lied down again, leaning to give a quick kiss to Max.

- "You are a morning kisser," the redhead pouted.

- "What?" frowned Jane frowned.

- "You kiss in the morning, before brushing your teeth, there is a place reserved for people like you in Hell."

- "I'm just a lover," the brunette stated with a smile.

- "If you want," Max chuckled.

- "I'm gonna sleep a bit more if you don't mind, you can live your life if you want, my home is your home."

- "Um...I'm gonna stay here, I need to sleep more too."

- "As you want."

Max wasn't really tired, she just wanted to stay with Jane and to snuggle against her. She was still a bit shy in her movement, too scared to touch her somewhere she didn't want. She didn't try her chest, she still didn't know what the deal with it was, but she wanted to be sure that Jane was okay with that before. So, for now, she just placed her head on her shoulder and her arm around her waist, Jane holding her tight.

They didn't do anything special, just eating the rest of the day before, playing with the cat, and cuddling in the couch while talking about life and other things. When Constance came back, Max decided to go to let Jane and Constance enjoying their privileged moment. Jane accompanied her in front of her door.

- "Thank you for coming yesterday," Jane shyly said.

- "No problem, I preferred spending the night with you than with Neil and my mom," Max smiled.

- "Then, I'm glad you had a good night."

Max smiled and nodded. Jane put her hands on Max's cheeks while the redhead put hers on her girlfriend's waist. They both leaned to kiss, a bit longer than a « goodbye » kiss. When Jane broke it, Max was blushing a bit and uncontrollably smiling. The redhead gave a last kiss before leaving Jane who came back inside her apartment.

- "So?" Constance asked.

- "What?" Jane frowned with a smile.

- "How was your day?"

- "It was...a really nice day."

- "Good, I'm happy she came, your week had been long and hard, a little break couldn't hurt."

- "Yeah, it was a good idea."

The two sisters prepared their board game for the night, eating pizza.