Chapter 55 : Massage

Jane was allowed to leave the hospital at the end of the day. She explained the cops what happened, she saw a psychiatrist, and the doctors gave her some painkillers. When she arrived in front of the building, followed by her sister, her friends were waiting for her, half asleep on the bench.

- "I wait you in the car," Constance said.

Jane, a bandage on the nose, a shiner at her left eye, a cut on her lip, and a split on her left wrist, nodded and approached them. They all started and stood when they saw her. They didn't know what to say or to do, they were just relieved to see her. Mike opened his arms and hugged her. She stiffled a noise of pain and hugged him back. The others had a small chuckle and came to agglutinate around them, participating to the hug. When they finished, Jane thanked them, walked away, and joined her sister in their car.

Alban survived to the surgery. His dick was sewed to his body but he would have erection problems all his life. A trial had been avoided by his parents paying the mayor and the judges, thinking he was punished enough. Alban was definitely expelled of the school. His parents tried to complain a file against Jane, but Constance and the chief made them understand it was completely stupid and ridiculous knowing the circumstances.

The party had been victimed of the curiosity of the entire school, everyone asking them what happened. But even them didn't know what happened, and wondered if they would one day. After school, Max decided to see her. She was so terrified the day before that she needed to see her, she didn't stop thinking of her today, wondering how she was. It was her sister who opened to her. She invited her to come inside. Constance took her coat and went outside to let the two girls alone. Jane stood from the kitchen table and walked to her girlfriend.

- "How are you?" Max asked.

- "I don't know," Jane shrugged. "I'm fucking angry right now, Alban managed to avoid jail, and Abigail and the others can go back to school."

The redhead just nodded. She was feeling the tears coming, and she knew if she talked, she couldn't hold them anymore. She took a deep breathing, trying to calm down.

- "That's all?" the redhead continued with her tightened throat.

- "No."

- "You won't tell me how you are?"

- "Not now, I, I don't want to..."

Max nodded. She slowly approached Jane and wrapped her arms around her and tightened, placing her head on her shoulder. When Jane wrapped her arms around, Max broke down. She let the tears fall, hiding her face in Jane's neck and tensing her hands on her girlfriend's tee-shirt.

- "I thought you were dead," Max cried.

Jane had a sad face but felt a pleasant heat inside her. She was happy that Max was caring this much about her, even if she didn't want her to cry. The two girls tightened more the hug while Max was still sobbing. The redhead was feeling a bit better, having Jane in her arms and feeling her heat reassured her. It was Jane who broke the hug.

- "Don't look at me, (places her hand on Jane's face) I look like a fucking panda," Max lightly chuckled, wiping her face.

- "I love pandas," Jane smiled.

- "Don't try to charm me," the redhead joked. "I don't even know why I cried, I mean, I thought you were dead for like a few seconds because Troy told us you were alive, but he was covered of blood and I thought it was yours and then we learnt more things of what happened and I couldn't stop imagining you being...terrified!"

- "I was..."

- "What?"

- "I was terrified, I thought, I really thought it was the end, if I, if I hadn't...bit him...I don't know what would have happened..." Jane said with a small voice, looking down. "I really feel stupid..."