Chapter 35 : Chest

It was early in the morning. People were slowly waking up to go to work while the sun was trying to show up. Jane was coming back to her apartment. When she entered, her sister was already awake, waiting for her for the breakfast.

- "Nice walk?" Constance asked, placing cereals on the table.

- "Not bad, I like when it's cold," Jane answered. "I can't wait to run again!"

- "Yeah, I believe you," the teen chuckled. "How was it yesterday?"

- "How was what?" the young girl frowned.

- "You know, with...your friend."

- "Max ? Um, normal, I guess."

- "So, you don't like her?"

- "I do ! But...I don't know. I'm not ready..."

- "Bullshits ! You are ready, you're just scared," Constance stated.

- "I, I still think of her, I mean, it's not fair for Max..."

- "It's been almost two years, you don't think it's time?"

Jane bit her left bottom lip to hold her tears. She spent the last days crying and thought she was empty now, but apparently not.

- "Do we have to talk about it now?" Jane asked with a small voice.

- "Yes, you know why? Because Max is sassy and probably stubborn, if she likes you, she won't give up."

Jane had a small chuckle. Constance met her twice and she already identified the subject.

- "I feel horrible..."

- "Why?" the blonde teen frowned.

- "Because...it's like I'm cheating on her," Jane confessed with a tear falling on her cheek.

- "Oh...But, you had other girlfriends after her, right?"

- "No, I mean, it wasn't for...feelings," Jane said, looking away of embarrassment.

- "Ugh, ok, an information I would have preferred not having. What's different now?"

Jane opened her mouth but no sounds came. She was desperatly looking around like if the right answer was hidden in her kitchen.

- "You have feelings now, right?" Constance asked with a raised eyebrow.

- "...I think I do..."

- "Okay, it's the real problem. Listen, what happened two years ago, should have never happened, it is tragic. But it shouldn't stop you to have feelings for another girl. You forbid yourself to live because you think you shouldn't have survived to this. I'm sorry to tell you, but you did! I don't ask you to forget her, but punishing you for something which is not even your fault, won't bring her back."

- "I know," Jane said, crying more.

- "Good, you can take your time. Max heard your story, I'm sure she won't put pressure on you in any way," Constance softly smiled, wipping her little sister's face. "Now go take your shower, or you'll be late for school."

Jane nodded and smiled to her. Her sister always had good advice for her, it was why she had a blind trust in her and was feeling safe to talk about her emotions with her.

While Max was at her locker, Beverly approached her with a big smirk on her face. Max looked at her with a frown, not knowing what she had in her mind.

- "Yes?" Max said.

- "How was yesterday?" Beverly asked.

- "Oh, I understand better your happiness, but nothing special happened."