Chapter 50 : The flyer

When Dustin opened his locker, a blue paper fell on the floor. He crouched to pick it up. It was a flyer for the Spring Dance in one month. He walked in the halls, reading the paper with a big smile when he bumped into someone.

- "Oof, sorry," the young boy apologized.

- "It's fine," Jane smiled.

- "You're coming?"

- "What is it?" the brunette frowned.

- "The Spring Dance, they put a flyer in each locker, you didn't go to yours yet?"

- "Uh...I just did..."

- "Oh...they probably forgot."

- "Probably not," Jane said but without smile this time.

Dustin pinched his lips together and felt sorry for her. Jane wanted to disappear for days now, but excluding her like that was worse. They just reminded her that she was too different to have a normal school life. But Dustin was clearly disagreeing. He gave her his paper -which she took- with a warm smile. The young girl read the paper. It was written that it was to the BOYS to invite the GIRLS. She was probably paranoïd, but she felt aimed by this sentence, like to tell her she was abnormal. She didn't say anything. She just clenched her jaw and gave back the paper to Dustin.

In another hall, two redheads were reading the same paper.

- "Are you going with...?" Bev asked, saying the name with her eyes.

- "I don't know, I don't think she is ready," Max answered.

- "We will go in group, as usual I guess."

- "Yeah maybe."

- "How was this week-end?" Beverly smirked.

- "It was great, as usual," Max smiled with a small blush. "But..."

- "But what?"

- "I, I don't know...(looks around and gets closer) Friday night, while we were kissing, I thought we were going to...go further."

- "Oh!" Bev exclaimed louder than she thought.

- "Sssh, keep your voice down!"

- "Okay, sorry...what happened next?"

- "Nothing, I stopped her, and she understood that I wasn't ready but...if, if I'm never ready?"

- "It's normal to stress, sex is always stressing."

- "It's not the problem, it's...I, I don't know how to do this with a girl," Max confessed.

- "You know how to do it with a boy?"

- "Um...yes..."

- "Oh! You never told me that you and Gary had..."

- "We didn't do it that much, just sometimes," Max shrugged.

Beverly stopped in front of Max, crossed her arms and had a big smile on her face.

- "What?" Max frowned.

- "You didn't like it, right?" Bev smiled more.

- "...It, it wasn't that bad..."

- "At least, you can compare now."

- "No, I can't because nothing happened! You know you're not helping me, right?"

- "I know, but you're too funny," Beverly gently mocked. "And, I'm sorry, but the only person who can help you is...your girlfriend."

- "I know," Max sighed. "I don't want her to think I'm potted and awkward!"

- "She won't, relax, did she ever let you feel like that?"

- "No."

- "Exactly, so go talk to her, she will be totally aware of you...discovering...the gay world."

- "Not now, it can wait."

- "You're sure?" Bev smirked.

Max frowned, a bit worried of her friend's idea right now. Bev looked around and got a bit closer to Max.

- "You don't dream of her approaching you very close, her lips almost touching yours, blocking you against the lockers, her body against your body, and kissing you passionately while she slides her right hand under your short and grabs your boob with her left hand, caressing your nipple, feeling all the heat inside her growing inside you and—"

- "Okay! Stop!" Max cut with a red face. "Bev, you're crazy!"

- "At least, you know you want it now. I'm not that useless!"

- "Never do that again! It's so embarrassing..."

Beverly giggled and kissed her friend's cheek. Max was trying to hide her smile behind the book she was holding. Bev was right, she wasn't against this with Jane, but doing it theorically and doing it in real were two different things, and it was an unknown world for her. Maybe she would talk to Jane about this, hoping it wouldn't make her run away.

The two girls joined Mike and Will who were both debating about the Spring Dance. Mike was wondering which girl he was going to invite. But Will, felt attacked by the same sentence as Jane. People were very narrow-minded. Will was sure that Jane and him were not the only one like that, and this sentence was hurting more persons than the authors wanted. When the two boys looked up at the girls, they both noticed Max's red cheeks and frowned.

- "Are you okay?" Mike asked.

- "Yeah, why?"

- "You're red."

- "Oh! (looks angrily at Bev) It's nothing, just...the heat of outside," Max explained.

Bev pinched her lips together to not laugh. Hopefully, Will and Mike didn't ask more. Lucas, Dustin, and Jane arrived near them, talking about the Spring Dance too.

- "You okay?" Bev frowned.

- "Um...yeah," Jane answered with a small voice.

- "You're sure?"

- "Yeah, yeah, just...tired."

The four boys all looked at each other. Everytime the two girls were having an intercation, they couldn't stop thinking they were dating. Max looked at them with a judging pout which stopped them. The three girls walked in front of the boys who were murmuring.

- "You remember when Jane kissed a girl in the changing room?" Lucas asked, keeping his voice down.

- "Yeah, why ?" Mike frowned.

- "Who did basket with her?"

- "Bev," Will stated.

- "Exactly."

- "You think it was her!?" Dustin said.

- "Who else!"

- "It makes sense!" Mike added.

- "Bev is the only one who never had a boyfriend before," Lucas continued.

- "Probably because she is lesbian!" Dustin intervened.

The four boys all nodded with a proud pout like if they had discovered the ultimate mystery of life. 

They arrived in History class, Jane leaving them to go to her seat. When Alban entered the room, he threw a kiss to her with a weird laugh after it. What other plan did he have in mind?