Chapter 43 : "The work"

It was the end of the day, and Jane was alone in her apartment. Not really alone. Constance found a kitty cat in the middle of the road and decided to bring him back at home. So now, there was her and this small cat in the kitchen. A knock at her door cut her in a game with her cat. She took him in her arms and went to open the door.

- "Hey, you have a cat?" Max frowned.

- "Yeah, since yesterday," Jane answered with a small voice and playing with the cat's paw.

- "It's not really surprising for two lesbians to have a pussy," the redhead joked.

- "Ew Max, you just ruined my cat," the brunette chuckled.

- "Sorry, it was too tempting."

- "I understand, I would have probably done the same joke if I were you. You can enter if you want, we have time before the movie begins."

Max nodded and entered. Jane was still playing with the cat which amused Max. The two girls went in the kitchen, Jane feeding the cat while Max was just standing there, listening to Jane talking about her new friend. His name was Cat, because her and her sister thought it was funny, he liked to play with Jane's baseball's ball and had some cute meows.

- "Can I ask you something?" Max said.

- "Sure, (stands and faces her) what is it ?" Jane smiled.

- "Uh...you're gonna find it weird."

- "Just ask Max, I won't mock you."

- "You don't mind if...we kiss before going? Because I'll think about it all night and I'll stress and I don't want to stress for a kiss so..."

- "Okay, I think it's a good idea," Jane smirked.

Max thought it would relieve her, but she began to stress more. The first kiss was so abrupt that she didn't have time to worry but now, it seemed like if it was prepared, she had days to think about it, to wonder how to kiss a girl, if it was different than boys and if she would be good at it. You can't really prepare a kiss, nothing really happened the way it was planned.

- "Relax, if you don't like it you just have to push me, I won't force you," Jane reassured.

Jane was stressing too. She knew how to kiss a girl, but she wondered if Max would like it or not, maybe she would realise that she was not interested in girls.

Jane gently placed her hands on the other girl's cheeks while Max placed hers on Jane's waist. Jane slowly approached, their faces at a few millimeters now. Max didn't remember to have been this close to her since they knew each other. Their foreheads were now against each ones with their noses touching. Jane leaned her face closer to the other girl who did the same. They finally connected their lips. Max felt an explosion in her stomach, like if there were fireworks inside. She grabbed more firmly Jane's waist, getting her closer to her, feeling the other girl's body's heat. Her entire body was tensing and getting warm of excitment. The kiss became more passionate, and Jane's hands began to travel in her hair and neck, increasing the butterflies in her stomach. 

Jane slowly leaned back to break the kiss, placing her forehead against Max's. The redhead opened her eyes, a smile on her lips, and watched the girl in front of her. Max had a fast breathing, but Jane seemed sad and worried, her eyes were still closed, she was biting her bottom lip on her left and her hands were a bit shaking.

- "It was this bad?" Max asked to relax her.

- "No," Jane lightly chuckled. "I'm just moving on, it's hard."

Max had a soft smile. She gently grabbed Jane's shaking hands and moved them on her waist while Max put her hands on Jane's cheeks.

- "I'm sorry..." Jane apologized. "I, I don't want to ruin everything..."