Chapter 52 : Soaked

When Max arrived at school, she went directly to Jane's locker. She kept in mind the story in the forest and needed to see Jane before doing something stupid to Abigail and Alban. The brunette approached her locker, not really surprised to see her girlfriend.

- "You're still mad?" Jane asked, already knowing the answer.

- "Of course, they are...I don't have words because even « assholes » is not enough for them!"

- "I can't disagree with that! (sighs) What are you gonna do?"

- "About what?"

- "About them."

- "Nothing."

- "What!?" Jane frowned.

- "You tell me to not do anything, I took a moment yesterday to think about it so I concluded that I won't do anything, but if they approach you, believe me, they are dead."

- "Oh yeah, I believe you!" Jane chuckled. "Is it really me who changed your mind ?"

- "No, I changed it myself, but I took your opinion in consideration," Max smiled.

- "Oh, I'm honored!"

- "You should be! I don't really listen to people usually."

- "It's because I'm special," Jane joked.

- "Yeah, you're very special," Max said insinuating she was weird.

- "Shut up!" the brunette chuckled, gently pushing her.

Max laughed too and watched Jane with heart eyes. Jane was hesitating to open her locker in front of Max, she didn't want her to see the eventual papers or another dead cat inside, it would just confirm that she was weak.

- "What's your code?" Max asked.

- "Um...1157, why?" Jane frowned.

The redhead nodded and pushed Jane. She opened the padlock and the locker for her.

- "Nothing," the redhead said.

- "I, I could have done that myself..." Jane told a bit ashamed.

- "I know, but you don't have to."

Jane smiled. Even if she didn't like to feel like a fragile and weak person, she liked that Max wanted to protect her and take care of her, so why not let her do it, it couldn't hurt her.

- "My sister doesn't come back home the next Friday night, if you want to do something, like...working," Jane proposed with a joking smile at the end.

- "One day you will ask me to work with you and I won't understand," Max chuckled. "You could come to my home, Neil is in a work trip next week and my mom spends the night with some friends, she will come back late, you won't see her."

- "Okay, sounds good, but I'll have to pass by my apartment before, to feed Cat."

- "No problem."

Jane closed her locker and was ready to follow her girlfriend when the reality came violently back to her.

- "Hey Slut Jane! How is your chest!?" Abigail mocked, keeping walking while her friends were laughing behind her.

Max saw red. Abigail was so pathetic and proud to be pathetic, it was the worse.

- "Hey Abigail!" the redhead called, angry.

The blonde teen stopped her walking and approached the redhead very close to show her she was taller than her.

- "What do you want Freckles!?" Abigail sharply scoffed.

- "Why do you always ask how is her chest!? You are missing it!?" Max replied, trying to not let her impress her.