Chapter 59 : Scratches

Max, Will, and Jane were in direction of their last period : sport. Max insisted a lot to Jane to change with them. Since everyone knew she was gay, she never dared coming back in the changing room, too scared of the other girls.

- "No, Max, I can't!" Jane struggled, now in front of the door.

- "Yes you can! No one is going to hurt you, I promise," Max firmly said.

- "They will think I'm watching them like pervert!"

- "No, they won't! They will just think that you are confident enough again to change with other girls without having any weird thoughts!"

Jane looked at her with unsure eyes and a heavy breathing.

- "Come on, I'll be with you, if someone says something, believe me, they won't say it twice."

Jane was still unsure, but she followed her girlfriend inside. When she entered, she felt all the looks on her, all wondering why the dyke was there.

- "Yeah, I know, I'm sexy, but if you could look away I would appreciate," Max sharply said.

The other girls surprisely obeyed and continued to change, back to their conversations. Max saw some space next to Clara and brought Jane here. She knew that Clara never cared that Jane was gay, it was a safe place. The two girls began to change when they heard :

- "Rough night?"

Max and Jane turned to Clara who was smirking. Clara showed Jane's back with her chin. Jane turned her head to see her back and saw scratches on it. Her face became red of embarrassment while Max was trying to hold her laugh by looking away and focusing on her clothes.

- "Um...I, I, I, uh..." Jane stuttered.

- "It's fine, I was just playing with you," Clara reassured. "I'm happy for you, you keep living no matter what, it's...beautiful."

Jane frowned and nodded. She turned to Max who was still laughing and nudged her to make her stop, even if she was amused too.

Once outside, Max ran to Jane and gently pushed her head.

- "Do you know what that means?" Jane asked.

- "What?" Max frowned.

Jane looked around and got closer to Max.

- "Cut your nails," the brunette murmured

The redhead giggled.

- "This is your fault! It's you who made me feel like that!"

- "Shhhh, they are gonna hear you," Jane chuckled.

- "Nobody can understand what we are talking about."

- "Maybe Clara could!"

- "You know what? I think she has a crush on you."

- "Who? Clara? Why do you think that?" Jane asked.

- "She seemed a bit disappointed to not be the person who had a rough night with you, in the tone," Max explained.

- "Oh...I feel awful...is it normal?"

- "You feel sorry for her, it's normal, you understand her feelings. She is a bit hurt, but she will be fine, she will find her Jane."

- "I hope not, Janes are complicated," the brunette joked.

- "Yeah, I already know that!" the redhead chuckled.

- "Maybe I should spend a rough night with her."

- "Yeah, I don't think it's a good idea, you will probably be killed by me."

- "I won't take that risk then!"

The two girls joined Will who was waiting for them. He was always happy to see them, he was feeling safe, even if his bullies didn't come back at school for now, he needed them around him. And Jane was feeling better, it was pleasant to see. Troy joined them too and wrapped his arms around Jane.

- "Why do I have a hug?" Jane smiled.

- "You scared the shit out of me last week, I'm just happy you're okay," the boy softly said.

- "Well, it's thanks to you, so...thank you."

- "When you want."

They both broke the hug, and the boy went a bit further to let the three friends alone.

- "Well, I can't hate him anymore I guess," Max said.

- "Really?" Jane frowned.

- "Yeah, I mean, he seems to become a good guy, because of you, it's great, really."

- "Yeah, I agree, I mean, when he apologized, it was already awesome," Will added. "Thank you for this."

- "Don't thank me, I didn't do anything."

- "You did more than you think."

The teacher whistled, beginning the class. When sport was over, Will ran after Troy outside the changing room.

- "Hey, Troy!" the young boy called.

- "Oh, hey," Troy frowned.

- "Um...I, I wanted to thank you for...apologizing. Even if we seemed a bit cold, we really appreciated it, we were just surprised."

- "It's fine, I understand."

- "Good...I, I wanted to know, do you remember the day when there were sextoys on Jane's locker?"

- "Uh...yes, why ?"

- "I'm not sure, but I wanted to know if you heard what I told to Dustin before we noticed you..."

- "Um...about you being...like Jane? I did," Troy answered.

- "Oh okay..." Will said feeling the panic growing and looking down.

- "I won't tell anyone. I mean, when I knew for Jane I already didn't say anything, I won't hurt you again, I don't want to...I, I never wanted to...I'm sorry..."

- "I know, I understand, you wanted to be accepted, and...you've not been the worse, I think, I think I've forgiven you."

- "Thank you."

The two boys stayed a moment without saying anything, creating an awkward situation.

- "Um...I'll go," Troy said. "It was nice to talk to you, have a nice week-end."

- "Um, yeah, you too," Will answered.

Troy walked away while Will stayed there. Jane and Max joined him a bit later. They accompanied Jane at her work before leaving her alone. But Max didn't leave her alone for a long time because tonight, Jane was staying at her home, and the redhead was excited about this.