Chapter 30 : Cafeteria

Jane entered the school, her chin up, trying to keep the little dignity she had. She didn't want to show them she was scared, she didn't want to be a victim, it would make them too happy. She approached her locker, without showing any emotion and ignoring their mocking smiles. When she opened her locker, no papers fell which could be a good or a bad news. Maybe they got bored and stopped or...maybe they found something else. Someone leaning next to her cut her in her thoughts. It was Jenifer with a big smile.

- "Um...hi," Jane frowned with a shaking voice.

- "Hey, it's been a long time we hadn't talk," the blonde girl said.

- "We never really talked," the young girl stated.

- "Yeah...It's a shame, you're really cute," Jenifer told, biting her bottom lip and twisting a lock of hair.

- "Uh...thanks."

Jane didn't dare to look at the other girl. Jenifer was a pretty girl, and Jane wasn't insensitive to her charm. She tried to control her breathing, but she was sure she was blushing. Jenifer slowly approached Jane and slid sensually her hand on Jane's torso until her neck to finish in her hair. With her other hand, she grabbed firmly Jane by her waist and brought her closer to her; Jane's nose at the level of Jenifer's chin, feeling the taller girl's breathing on her face. Jenifer caressed Jane's cheek and raised her chin to look at her in the eyes. She began to get closer and closer to Jane, their lips almost touching, Jane ready to take the kiss, before stopping and smiling.

- "You really thought I was a slut like you?" Jenifer rhetorically asked.

Jane frowned and realised the big mistake she just did. Jenifer pushed Jane against the lockers and was joined by Alban and his friends of the Football team.

- "God Jane, you are disgusting!" Alban stated with a mocking laugh.

- "Bitch," a guy coughed next to him, making them laugh.

- "(turns to Jenifer) That's it!? A fucking game for you!?" Jane got worked up.

- "Just a small bet," the blonde girl smiled. "I got, a blush, a fast breathing and almost a kiss."

- "Yeah, you did a good work," Alban smirked.

- "I'm not a toy!"

- "No, you're not, you're a fucking animal! Damn, you are ready to kiss the first girl who approaches you! That's creepy!"

- "Playing with someone's feelings is not creepy, assholes!?"

- "Aww (oppresses Jane with his body) who thought a slut could have feelings? Troy had feelings too, and you didn't hesitate to play with his."

- "No, I didn't," Jane answered gritting her teeth.

Alban and the others had a small chuckle. They were going to leave, but Alban stared at Jane before spitting on her face under his friends' eyes, laughing more. Jane stayed a moment against her locker, not sure of what happened. She was feeling the sticky liquid slowly flowing on her eye and cheek. Her breathing was getting faster and faster by anger and embarrassment. People were all staring at her, murmuring. They were always murmuring, but no one cared of how she was, if she was hurt, or what she was feeling. She was just the freak that everyone was looking at without approaching, too scared to finish like her. But she wasn't as mad at them as against herself. She didn't understand why she fell in this stupid trap, she should had been smarter than them! She was feeling weak, everything was her fault. 

She couldn't stand Alban's saliva on her and went to the girls' bathroom, even if on the door was written « normal girls only (not like Jane) ». Her mere presence was enough to evacuate the room. All the girls, watching themselves in the mirror, left the place, looking at Jane with disgusted eyes. Once alone, Jane went in front of the sink and began to clean her face, again, and again, and again. She wanted to clean herself, she wanted to be normal, she didn't want to feel like that around a girl anymore, it was too hard. So she cleaned herself, again and again, until she heard someone going out of one of the toilets. She stopped, her face flowing of big water drops and looked at the sink, waiting for this girl to leave, like the others. But she didn't. The girl stayed next to her, watching her with soft eyes.