Chapter 47 : Crazy?

As Jane left the party before everyone, Max hadn't the opportunity to talk to her and see how she was. But she knew she was working on Saturday and decided to go to the store. When she entered, she had the surprise to see some customers. Joyce was at the counter and Jane between the rows. She saluted the woman and went near Jane.

- "Max!? What are you doing here!?" asked Jane asked with a low voice and looking around.

- "Stop acting like if we just robbed a bank!" Max lightly grumbled, a bit amused.

- "There are people here."

- "I saw! I just wanted to know how you were about yesterday!"

- "I'm mad. You probably think I'm crazy now!"

- "No, I just think they are crazy and you defended yourself, I mean, I, I don't know how far he could have gone," Max told, still shaken up.

- "Me neither," Jane pouted. "You're not scared of me?"

- "Should I?"

- "I hope not..."

Max put her hand on Jane's arm and squeezed it but the other girl was not really okay with this and brutally freed herself, looking uncomfortably around. Max understood why she was so distant in public, what happened the day before was completely scary and could sadly happen to anyone. But a part of her wanted to assume her relation with Jane, to show everyone she was happy with her! But Jane knew more than anyone the risks it took, and she didn't want to lose her. Jane rubbed her face, she had dark circles, she seemed to not have slept for a while!

- "You work too much, you're gonna kill yourself if you continue," Max told.

- "No, I'm fine, don't worry," Jane answered.

- "You can't take your next Saturday?"

- "Why?"

- "You know, « to work »," Max joked. "I thought we could spend the day together, without worrying about your schedule."

- "Um...I, I don't know..."

- "If you don't want, it's okay, I understand," the redhead said.

- "No, it's not that, it's just...Jerry already doesn't like me, if I ask a free day he will hate me more!"

- "Okay, it's as you want, but you barely see him, so I don't think it will have a huge consequence on you. And I'm sure Joyce will be fine with this idea."

- "I can try, I guess," shrugged Jane. "What do you have in your mind ?"

- "Oh, nothing in particular, I just want to spend a day with you, doing nothing. Not the entire day, I'll leave you when your sister is home."

Jane had a soft look and a soft smile for her. She liked the idea to spend a day doing nothing with her, she clearly needed to take some rest and it was probably the only opportunity she had.

- "Okay, I'll ask Joyce, if it's possible and then Jerry."

- "Cool, you keep me in touch," Max smiled.

- "Of course."

- "What do you want to ask me?"

The two girls started and turned to see Joyce behind them.

- "Um...I, I wanted to know if I could have my next Saturday..." Jane shyly answered, looking down.

- "Of course," Joyce smiled, "you worked more than you are supposed to! Take your Saturday, I'll talk to Jerry."

- "Thank you."

The woman nodded and went back to her work. Max turned to Jane with a « I told you » look.

- "Don't look at me like that," Jane said, pushing gently her girlfriend.

- "Like what?" Max smirked.

- "You know what I mean."

- "I'm just noting that I'm always right, that's all."

Jane shook her head and playfully rolled her eyes which made chuckle Max. The redhead gave a small caress on Jane's cheek before letting her at her work. On her way home, she saw Lucas and Gabrielle who were coming to her.

- "Hey MadMax," Lucas greeted with a big smile.

- "Hey, what are you guys doing?" the redhead asked.

- "Just hanging out, and you?"

- "I was with Jane at the store."

- "Oh! How is she?" Gabrielle quickly asked.

- "Kinda good, she was scared we thought she was crazy."

- "God no! It was super cool!"

Lucas and Max frowned at each oher before looking at the black-haired girl.

- "What? It was super cool..."

- "She almost choked him. You don't think it's extrem?" Lucas said.

- "I think what Alban was going to do would have been extrem, and she didn't want to kill him, she just wanted to be sure he couldn't do it again," Gabrielle explained. "Abigail and Alban are insane, not Jane, her eyes were angry, but she was in total control of the situation. You both thought it was extrem?"

- "Absolutely not!" Max and Lucas answered at the same time.

- "Why did you look at me like if I was crazy then?" Gabrielle frowned.

- "We were not expecting such excitment, that's all," Max told with a smile.

- "Okay...I'm glad she is not alone in this, she needs support."

- "You like Jane, don't you?" Lucas stated, wrapping his arm around her.

- "She reminds me a friend I had, she finished alone..."

- "Oh...I'm sorry..."

- "Yeah, not a happy story...Anyway, with you around her, I don't think it will end bad."

- "We won't let that happen," Max said.

Gabrielle nodded, like if she was relieved. Max let the two lovebirds finishing their hang out and went back in direction of her home. Gabrielle seemed to have lived something similar and to have lost this person in horrible circumstances. At least, she was sincere with Jane, and Max appreciated a lot that, it was a necessary support.