Chapter 32:Oops

Dylan'sPOV:

I'm so tired, I'm stressed. It needs to happen. This has to happen. It's the day of the race, this is supposed to wait. I pulled out my phone, I have to text Henry.

D:Hey babe I need to do something and this may be really dumb and may or may not kill me. If this goes the way I want to pack a bag I want you to spend the night at my place.

Henry's POV:

I was driving home when I noticed my mom's car gone. I'm pretty sure she was at the store for Christmas dinner.

I walk through the door of my house and go into the kitchen. I was just grabbing some juice when my brother came downstairs.

"Hey little bro, you excited for the race tonight?" I nodded in excitement, but in reality, I was pretty nervous. I've done a little racing before, but not street racing.

Andrew went for the fridge and opened it up and grabbed an apple. "Oh hey I almost forget something, I got you this." He then pulled out a box of platinum silver hair dye. I have noticed my hair fading and I may like the color black but I don't like my natural hair color on me.

With that, my mom came through the door with groceries in her hands. "BOYS I NEED YOUR HELP WITH GROCERIES", my mom yelled out. We then proceeded to help her and she noticed the box. "Oh, honey are you gonna re-dye your hair? Your hair is starting to grow back let me re-shave it for you. It'll take me like 10 minutes and should take only an hour for you to dye it."

I thought about it for a couple of minutes and decided to let my mom fix my hair. My mom has been an extremely talented hairstylist for over 20 years and I should look my best when I win my first drag race. We went into my mom's bathroom and she started shaving my hair with her at home kit she made and Andrew sat on the sink counter while eating chips and talked about racing tips.

Mom doesn't want me in it, but she knows that I am a very good driver. I break the stereotype of Asians being bad drivers. My mom was talking about her day and funny customers. I love hearing about her day and crazy customers. She finished my hair and I was about to start on my dying it when I got a text from Dylan.

D:Hey babe I need to do something and this may be really dumb and may or may not kill me. If this goes the way I want to pack a bag I want you to spend the night at my place.

H: Okay? What r u doing?

D: You'll know soon enough

Dylan's POV:

I texted Henry, he's worried. I hope I don't worry him too much. I go downstairs and see my parents snuggling on the couch, I truly do love them so much. Thanks to them I have health insurance, if I get in trouble with the law I know I will be protected, when I'm an adult I know I will have money when they pass, and I'm not forced to find a part-time job. Which is why I can't let lie to them anymore.

I sit on the chair next to them and to tell them. "Mom, dad. I need to talk to you." They paused whatever they were watching and they both sat up and could tell it was serious. "What is it, sweetie?", my mom asked.

I took a deep breath and let out a big sigh. "Okay, please remember what I'm about to tell you may change your how you look at me but that Iove you both with all my heart and I'm still your son. I'm still the same Dylan that you workout with dad and I'm still the same Dylan that helped you with you broken leg mom."

They look at each other scared. My dad looked at me scared with a hand on my mom's knee. "Son, you're scaring us, what is it?" I take another deep breath and closed my eyes. "Mom, Dad, I'm gay." Silence filled the room. My mom stood and left the room and slammed her fist on the counter.

My dad, however, stood up and raised his fist.

Into the air, my dad pumped his fist into the air. "HELL YEAH."

(A/N I hope I scared y'all ;))

My mom came back into the pissed. "DAMN IT DYLAN DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU JUST COST ME?" What, cost her what? Grandkids? Wait, why is my dad so happy? Does he not want grandkids? "I'm sorry mom, I can still have kids, I will get you the grandkids you want." She looks at me confused. "What? Honey that's not what I meant. You just cost me $500 and my trip to Paris."

Wait wait wait wait wait wait, What? My dad put his hands on my shoulders. "Thanks, bud, I really needed that. Looks like we're going to Spain instead." I look at them confused," What do you guys mean?"

My mom looked at me still pissed," Your father and I had a bet to see if you were straight or not. The winner would get $500 and a trip anywhere in the world near the end of next Summer. I chose Paris and he chose Spain."

Wow, my parents betted on me. How rude. "Wait, I thought you two were super homophobic though?" My dad just laughs at me like I'm an idiot, now I now know how Henry feels. "Kiddo that's only so we stay on your grandparent's good side. We never had a real reason to stick up for them so we just pretended. Looks like we took it too far, we're sorry that we make it feel like you couldn't talk to us."

"So wait, Dad how did you know I was gay?" He laughed at me," Son, no straight guy talks about hating gays that much." "I just thought how about all the girls you've been with, but now I know why you couldn't keep a girlfriend."

Woah, this is one of the biggest relief of my life. "So Honey, do you have a boyfriend?", my mom asked. "Yes I do, and you're gonna meet him tonight and he's gonna sleepover." My mom squealed in excitement and my dad gave me a big pat on the back.

My mom kissed me on the cheek and said," I'll make dinner for the four of us. Go and to the race now so you have a spot in. Do you have the entry money?" I nod yes and left to go get ready. I got a quick shower in and texted Henry.

D: Hey, plans went well. Pack a bag ;) You should leave within the next 20 minutes if you want a guaranteed spot, remember entry fee is $100.

H: Good, you scared me a little. Can't wait to c u there ;)

It's about 5 and I decided to go ahead and shower quick, the race starts at 6:30 so a few people should be there.

I got there about 5:30 and saw my beautiful little prince.