Chapter 8: The day of reckoning

Henry's POV:

My alarm goes off at 7 like it always does, and I decide to throw across the room to shut it up. I also accidentally broke it sooo, sry not sry. I at least now have a reason to use my alarm on my phone to play music waking up.

I get up and take a shower and throw on just a basic white tee with P!ATD on it with a black jacket, black and white sneakers, and my black beanie with pins on top of my wet messy hair. It looks better messy, I promise. I hate combs because my hair is pretty thick so they really hurt.

I text Sabine.

H-"Hey I'm about to leave, is Jack gonna be there today."

S-"Yeah he just texted me saying he's waiting for u."

H-"It's like 7:20 y tf is he there so early?"

S-"Stupid basketball practice makes him there at like 6:30"

H-"Damn, is he really okay looking out for me?"

S-"Not only is he okay with it for today, but he also agreed for the rest of the year!!!"

H-"Y would he do that for me? I'm a nobody compared to him."

S-"Hey fuck u!! No one talks shit about my friends even if it' themselves. I told him a lot about u and he said he wanted to be ur friend :)))"

H-"Sabine, IDK what I would do without u"

S-":)))))))

H-"(((((:

Henry's POV:

I drive off to school and see Dylan's Dodge with him and a bunch of other jocks. I come in accidentally blaring BVB. I get out and they start walking towards me. I freeze in fear, I need to move, I need to run, but I can't when they arrive I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn and see some guy with black hair who's pretty well built and he glares at Dylan and his group and they stop in their track and walk around us. This must be Jack.

Jack's POV:

I see a red mustang pull in and whispered, "Damn that's a fine car." That must be the great Henry Sabine was roaring about. She told me about how he's nice, and helpless against Dylan. He seemed like a good guy and I couldn't sit back knowing a good person could be beaten up for loving someone different.

I walk over to him frozen on the spot. I lay my hand on his shoulder and he jumped, probably worried I was another bully. I give him a small little smile to reassure him and he probably realized who I was because he relaxed. I give a death stare to Dylan and his ass hat goons. They admit to defeat quickly and walk around us.

Henry let out a giant sigh of release and looked at me," Thank you so much, I know you probably want nothing to do with a fag like me." It hurt a little what he said that and I looked at him," I don't like that word okay? So what you like guys. I kinda wished I did so I don't have to worry about pregnancy."

He chuckled and we walked off to our lockers. We talked about favorite foods and favorite shows. We both squealed over Criminal Minds and Kirsten Vagness and how she is an actual Goddess. Henry jokingly said, "Kristen Vagness is the only woman I would get with." We both laughed and then asked an awkward question.

"So why did you and Sabine breakup?" "You two seem so good for each other." I looked down a little embarrassed. He immediately shot up, "Oh my, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to bring anything bad up. You don't have to answer if you want." I replied," No it's not that. Last year I celebrated our 6 month anniversary by singing her a song, in front of the whole school. I accidentally slipped and fell on top of her and broke her femur in front of everyone." Henry has an 'oh shit face', "Yikes, yeah that makes sense." "Yeah, she probably would've if I didn't give her an injury that required surgery. She hates big gestures like that." We walk to class and sit down and I wasn't paying attention while he was. I can tell we're gonna be great friends :))

Dylan's POV:

I see Henry's car pull in and part of kinda dread what's about to happen. I have to fake it though, we all walk over and he gets out. He stands there terrified and frozen with fear. When we get there, however, a little surprise comes up. Jack Morgan comes up and gives us a death stare while holding on to Henry's shoulder. We could pummel him, but he has the principal in his pocket for winning the championship last year.

He could easily get us all suspended or expelled with one meeting with the principal. I walk away pretending to be pissed like the rest of my friends, but in all honesty, I was glad he stopped us. I think I'm starting to feel guilty for bullying the twerp, I'm not sure why. All I know is I don't want to hurt him anymore. I just hope he'll have someone to stop us throughout the week. After this week the rest of us will forget about the car alarm thing and just go back to shoves and punches.