"I said get away!" Dwayne shouts.

"You got what you wanted, now get lost!" Tyler demands.

"Dwayne, he's gonna kill me! And he's gonna kill you, too! He said that hybrids are too dangerous to live! You need to stop him!" I tell Dwayne.

"SHUT UP!" Tyler tells me.

Dwayne tosses Tyler across the room. Tyler lands on the floor, and when he gets up, Dwayne runs to tackle him. I'm finally able to break the chains that are binding my wrists. While Tyler and Dwayne are still fighting, I pick up the knife Tyler dropped and rush out of the shack.

I run through the woods and eventually stop behind a tree to catch my breath. I can hear a branch snap. I ready myself in case it's Tyler. When I turn around I go to stab whoever is behind me. Instead Elijah grabs my wrist stopping me. Behind him is the brunette girl from earlier.

Elijah smiles at me. "Forgive me. I thought you were in danger. It appears I was mistaken."

I pull Elijah into a hug. "You will not believe the crap day I'm having." I pull away and look at the girl from earlier. "Who are you?"

She looks at me for a moment. "Hayley."

Elijah smiles slightly. "She helped me find you."

I smile at her. "Thank you." I turn back to my brother. "Elijah, there's something you and Nik need to know about the baby."

We head back to the shack Tyler brought me to. Nik is already waiting there for us. Dwayne's dead body is propped up on the porch. As we approach Nik shoves his body to the ground.

"There you are! I see you've found our wandering stray. Perhaps you could shed some light on the situation. This appears to be a hybrid," Nik states.

"His name was Dwayne," I tell him.

"Well, whoever it was, I didn't sire him. Any idea how that's possible?" Klaus questions.

"Tyler Lockwood brought me here to test a theory." Klaus nods at me to continue. "That the blood of my child could be used to sire hybrids. He claims that you and I both knew that. And that we intended to use this knowledge to build an army."

Elijah looks at me in disbelief. "As if you didn't know."

Klaus looks as hurt and angry as me. "And, of course, you assume it's true."

"I mean, why else would I show interest in my own flesh and blood? How quickly you believe the worst, brother," I tell Elijah.

Elijah still looks unconvinced.

Nik steps towards him. "I can understand why you would doubt me. Well, I can't say I'm surprised, standing next to the noble Elijah, how can I be anything but the lesser brother? A liar, a manipulator, a bastard. But I cannot understand why you would assume the worst of Else. She cares for this child in a way I cannot understand."

I stare at Elijah. "You're my big brother, Elijah. You should trust me. You should believe that I want the best for this child, but I guess my past is coming to bite me in the ass. You think Nik and I are liars, manipulators, bastards."

Elijah tries to interrupt me, "Sister, if..."

I cut him off, "You've said all that needs to be said, brother." I hold my arms out in defeat. "I'll play the role I've been given." I turn to walk away, but instead I turn back and vamp speed over to Elijah and bite him on the neck. "You two enjoy each other's company. You'll really get to know each other, once the hallucinations and dementia set in. Consider that bite to be my parting gift to you both."

I walk away and Nik follows behind. "Who was that girl with Elijah?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Some werewolf girl that was wandering around the Bayou."

Klaus wraps his arm around my shoulder. "Let's get you home, little sister."

Back at the house Nik is drinking scotch while looking out the window. My brother always was the dramatic type. I sit watching him. I'm surprised when Bekah enters the living room.

I stand up to meet her. "I thought you were leaving us."

"We both know this family can barely function without me. Where is Elijah?" Bekah questions.

"I left him in the Bayou," I inform her.

She frowns. "Why?"

"Elijah and I had a bit of a row," I explain. "One thing led to another, and I bit him, left him stranded in the swamp with some werewolf girl he met."

Bekah becomes livid. "You are just like Niklaus. Daggering, biting, deserting. Does your wickedness ever end?"

Klaus finally turns around to face us. "Our 'wickedness' is self-preservation! And I wouldn't have to go to such lengths were I not presented on all sides with ignorance and treachery! Now that Elijah's abandoned me, I'll be needing you in my plot against Marcel." Bekah just glares at Nik as he pours himself another drink. "Don't expect to be leaving town anytime soon."

"Why should I help you, after what you did to Elijah? I'm sure Else will be more than happy to help," Bekah remarks.

Klaus looks hurt. "You're my family. Besides, who better to spy on Marcel than the girl he so clearly loves?" Nik sits down on the coffee table in front of Rebekah, on the couch. "You can tell me all his secrets. Like, how did he find us here? Huh, any idea about that, little sister?"

Bekah looks anxious. "How should I know why Marcel does what he does?"

"You think I don't know about your engineered run-ins all over the Quarter? I know you've had private chats with him! Just tell me what secrets he's confided to you. Is he plotting against me?" Nik asks.

Bekah glares at him as she gets in his face. "My poor brother, so paranoid. Marcel knows nothing! He's not plotting against you, he simply thinks you're in a quarrel in need of making up."

Nik sighs. "Perhaps we will. After all you know I'm capable of forgiving those who disappoint me. As soon as they've seen the error of their ways... and suffered for them. You'd do well to remember that."

Klaus and I turn to leave. 

I can hear Bekah mutter under her breath, "You never let me forget."