Jackson sits down on the bed next to me. "What happens to me doesn't matter. All I care about is that you and our daughter are safe. If unlinkging you and me from Sophie Deveraux is the only way to do that then so be it."

"You know we're having a baby together and I realize you know nothing about me," I state.

Jackson smiles at me. "Well Else Mikaelson I know that you may look twenty two but you are over a thousand years old. You and Klaus are the only two of your species." Jackson chuckles. "Well up until now. You absolutely have a sweet tooth for beignets. And you would do anything for your family."

I smile. "Well Jackson Kenner I know that the only cereal you will eat is frosted flakes. You've never been out of the city of New Orleans. You can't sleep with socks on."

Jack gives me a look. "How do you know that?"

I laugh. "I may sneak into your room every night to check on you."

I can't read the expression on Jackson's face.

Our sweet moment is interrupted by Bekah. "It's time for the demon spawn to snack!"

I laugh slightly. "I really wish you wouldn't call her that."

"Oh, sorry, have you picked another name yet?" Bekah asks.

I give her a look. "Not my fault you threatened to snap my neck, everytime I come up with a name you don't like."

Bekah holds out a basket of apples. "Take one, the plantation's lousy with them."

I pick one up. "It always has been."

"I remember the time you got angry with Nik and threw one so hard at his head that you managed to snap his neck." Bekah and I both chuckle. "Speaking of how is your neck?"

"I feel fine... which is weird. I'm sure it's Sophie-related," I state.

Bekah looks from me to Jackson. "Then, do me a favor, and neither of you die on my watch. I'll never hear the end of it."

"You know, when I first met you, I thought you were a real bitch," Jackson states.

Bekah smiles. "What changed your mind?"

Jackson laughs. "Oh, I still think you're a bitch. I've just grown to like that about you."

Bekah chuckles. "Don't worry it runs in the family."

I smile. "Aw, well, that's sweet of you to say."

Bekah's face becomes more serious. "Remember it when I'm gone."

"Gone?" Jackson looks confused. "Where are you going?"

She sighs. "I only came to town to make sure everything was okay with Elijah. He's fine, and he hasn't punished Klaus for daggering him, so... as usual, they'll be thick as thieves, and I'll be left to clean up the mess. It's time for me to fly the coop."

Jackson looks sad to see Bekah go. I can tell he is starting to care about my family.

"You say that every time but..." I start. I stop when I start to feel woozy.

Bekah frowns. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head. "I dunno, probably morning sickness..."

Jackson gets up and walks over to check on me.

Bekah places her hand on my forehead. "Oh, you're burning up, actually." She turns to Jackson. "You too."

Everything starts to go downhill from there. I can feel my body temperature starting to skyrocket. Jackson is in the same state as me, but he doesn't want to show it. He watches as Bekah blots sweat from my forehead with a washcloth.