Chapter 43 - Friends

(POV Helena)

FRIENDS. Alexey and Ivan became more than my friends, they became my brothers. Nang mamatay si Harland, I hired them to be my bodyguards. Aunt Zara had no issues with it, she learned to trust these men.

Alexey and Ivan knows my pain when Harland left me. Siguro dahil natanggap ko sila kahit may madilim silang nakaraan, tulad ng pagtanggap ni Harland sa kanilang dalawa. When I told them my plans about imprisoning my Aunt Zara, they did not ask further questions and they followed me with no hesitations.

I was successful with my infiltration in our company. Buong akala ng karamihan ay si Aunt Zara ang nag recommend sa akin sa posisyon ko. Hindi lang nila alam, I forced her to do so.

For weeks, I was the happiest girl sa piling ni Holden I tried my best to be close to him and to my astonishment, he welcomed me. I even moved into his house and he did not even rejected this idea. Buong akala ko, happy ending na ako sa piling ni Holden, pero biglang dumating si Gretchen Sy.

Gretchen has been bothering Holden for quite some time, but thanks to Leon Duran, hindi siya nakakalusot. Leon serves as Holden's barricade or first line of defense sa mga babaeng naghahabol kay Holden.

Aleksey tried to stalk Gretchen for days. Gusto niyang balikan si Holden kahit alam niya na short time relationship lang ang nangyari sa kanila. I am not sure about her real purpose.

Maybe she fell in love with Holden and she can't let him go. Maybe she needed Holden financially, as her business is going sideways and not as successful as it appeared to be. Or maybe she just can't accept the fact that Holden left her as if she was nothing.

Whatever her true intentions were, I suddenly felt threatened. Parang bigla ko na naramdaman ang sense of protectiveness towards Holden. In a snap, Gretchen became an immediate threat. I feel the need to safeguard Holden from her.

Before her plans get into fruition, I asked Aleksey to eliminate her in discreet means as possible. I did it because I thought I was protecting Holden. I did because of my jealousy and insecurity.

Aleksey being a reliable friend made it appear that Gretchen committed suicide due to drug overdose. Kung paano niya ginawa iyon, hindi na ako nagtanong pa.