Chapter 3 - Rage

Chapter 3 - Rage

(POV Holden)

RAGE. My heart is in rage by the mere closeness of our bodies. Sa totoo lang, hindi naman talaga malapit sa isa't isa ang mga katawan namin dahil ang mukha lang niya ang inilapit niya sa akin. The office table still serves as our barricade. For some unknown reason, my heart is raging fast because of her.

"Pamangkin ka ni Zara. Why did you apply here in our company? May branch sa London at sa New York ang office natin. Bakit dito?" tanong ko habang nakatingin pa rin sa bintana.

"Would you believe that I apply here because of you, my Holdie?"

"Because of me?" naguguluhan kong tanong sabay tingin sa kanya.

"Yeah. Because of you. I want to you to fall in love with me so I asked Auntie Zara if I can work as your secretary and she said yes."

"That's funny, Helena. I know your Aunt Zara. I don't think she can easily say yes to her niece's whims."

"But she did say yes. The end justifies the means."

"And what is that supposed to mean? Did you subject Zara into some kind of psychological torture to get what you want?" biro ko na tanong sa kanya.

"Something like that, my Holdie. My point is, I am here now as your secretary and I will do my job. I will not be a burden, my Holdie. I will be here as your strength. Use me if you need me. Do as you please."

"Stop saying, my Holdie. That is my number one rule as your boss."

"Will do, my precious Holden," she said as she winked at me.

I just shook my head in disbelief. Pinagtitripan ako ng babaeng ito. She blatantly told me that she wants me to fall in love with her even if we are complete strangers.

Zara is a reasonable woman. I don't think anyone can control her. Helena is possibly the next heir of this company, a daughter of one of the board members. She was asked to work in lower management before she climbs the ladder. Ganun din si Zara noon. Nagsimula bilang isang rank and file employee bago makuha ang mataas na position.

"It's almost lunch time. Baka gusto mo treat ng lunch amg new secretary mo?" tanong ni Helena.

"I don't think I can afford the lines of restaurant that you prefer," I smirked at her.

"Humble as ever, my Holdie. I know your bank account has millions in it. Your unit is worth millions as well. You don't use your car, but you own several sportscars."

"Did you apply as my secretary or as my ultimate stalker?" natatawa ko na tanong sa kanya.

Zara either wants me to train her niece or a babysit a spoiled brat kid. Well, Helena is no longer a kid. She seems immature, isip bata, pero I bet this girl is already a college graduate.

"Holdie, I already hired a private investigator to know more about you."

"Is that so?"

"I will tell you more if you take me out to lunch. Ayoko ng may kasamang iba. Ayoko ng group lunch. Gusto ko tayo lang."

"A demanding secretary. That's new. Come on. May alam ako na masarap na pwede natin kainan."

"Yes! My first date with my Holdie!" she shrieked in excitement.

I guess this is my first day as babysitter, thanks to my VP boss Zara Madrigal.