Chapter 18 - Race

Chapter 18 - Race

(POV Holden)

RACE. My heart suddenly started to race when I saw Helena's name on the Caller ID. For unknown reason, parang natatakot akong kausapin siya.

"Keisha, I am sorry I have to take this call," sabi ko sabay kuha ng phone.

Nagmamadali ko sinagot ang tawag ni Helena. Sa totoo lang, I was being unfair to her as I am already jumping to conclusions that she has something to do with Gretchen and Jasmin's death. Helena has always been nice to me. If she will tell me that she loves me, I will believe it. She may be weird at times, pero maayos ang pinakita niya sa akin.

"Hello? Helena?" tanong ko sa pagkasagot ko ng tawag niya.

Keisha continue to kiss my neck as if she does not care kung may kausap ako. I can't hear anything on the other line, but I know that our call is connected.

"Baby..." humihikbi na sabi ni Helena, her voice is shaking in fear.

"Helena, are you okay? Where are you?" nag-aalala ko na tanong.

"I am badly hurt, baby. I need you."

"What? You're badly hurt? Nasaan ka? Saan kita pupuntahan? Anong nangyari sa'yo?" sunod sunod na tanong ko dala ng pag-aalala sa kanya.

"5th Avenue, baby. Sa malapit sa convenience store sa tabi ng gasoline station."

"What the fuck are you doing there? Nevermind. Stay put and I'll be there."

Lahat na ata ng pagkalasing ko ay nawala sa mga oras na 'yon. Helena is in danger and I don't have any idea what had happened to her.

Nagpaalam ako ng maayos kay Keisha dahil hindi ko alam kung ano ang nangyari kay Helena. She sounded scared and I felt a flush of guilt because of my absurd thoughts na isang killer si Helena. Keisha just let me off the hook when she obtained my phone number.

Ang convenience store na tinutukoy ni Helena ay isang street lang ang layo sa akin. Bihira ng dumadaan na taxi dito, karamihan ay mga private cars. Minabuti ko takbuhin ang location ni Helena. I want to be there as fast as I can.

Pagdating ko sa convenience store, wala doon si Helena. I even showed her picture to the store clerk to confirm her presence pero wala silang napansin na kamukha ni Helena. I tried to call her, but her phone is now off.

What the fuck, Helena! Where the hell are you?