Chapter 31 - Phone Call

(POV Holden)

PHONE CALL. Bigla akong nagulat nang biglang tumunog ang phone ko dahil sa isang phone call. Mabilis na kinuha ito ni Helena para alamin kung sino ang tumatawag.

"Aunt Zara is calling you. Tell her that you are fine. Tell her that you are in a vacation with your girlfriend," she commanded with a warning.

Helena answered the phone and she put it in speaker mode para marinig ang usapan namin ni Zara. I am hoping Zara will be able to help in this complication.

"Zara, how are you doing?" I asked with no emotions.

I am careful that I might say something that will trigger Helena. Malaki ang chance na hindi niya ko patayin, pero hindi ko alam ang gagawin niya kay Zara.

"Are you with Helzie?" she asked me with terrified voice.

"I am with her, no need to worry about me. I am having a blast in my vacation in luxurious seaside mansion by the sea. How about you? Pumapasok ka na ba sa office? Balita ko mahaba ang bakasyon mo."

I tried to use a jolly tone in the hope that Helena will not notice the clues that I have given to Zara.

"I just came back to the office today after my lonesome vacation. I am just here to call you to inform you that we will proceed with our project with James Ryan. Do you remember our client last year? John Miller from London will handle everything, so just relax and enjoy your time off with my niece."

"That's good to hear. I am confident you will handle everything while I am away. Cheers, Zara."

I gave my phone back to Helena and she seemed satisfied with my conversation with her aunt. We don't have any client named James Ryan, this is a character in the movie Saving Private Ryan.

Tom Hanks played a captain named John Miller who is on a mission to save James Ryan. She knows I am a fan of  Tom Hanks. I am assuming Zara is giving me some hints that she will do everything to rescue me.

The only question left is, would I want to be rescued?

Would I rather choose to be an eternal prisoner in the hands of this lunatic than to be saved by Zara?