Chapter Twenty-Two: Black

Gino came through with the information quicker than I thought. Juno and his brother has been laying low in Juno's poor excuse for a mansion ever since my father took over. Being in your own home is the worst place to hide in my opinion, especially if you have someone looking for you. I should know, I was robbed. I have no beef with the brother though. He was good to me as well as Zion. He's just involved in Juno's shit cause Juno bullies him into it. I really don't want to have to kill him. So, I arranged the perfect scenario for him to be out of my way until I handle everything.

I remember when me and him had a talk and he told me how he hasn't seen his daughter. The mother was so caught up in her career, she didn't question the story I told her about being related to her baby daddy and how I wanted to be in his daughter's life. "We all deserve to know her" is all I said to seal the deal and it worked. They were living in the next town over, which surprised me. He made it seem like the woman skipped off to Europe or some shit like that.

I sat on the hood on my car and waited for them to arrive. I text her a description of what I had on and where I would be standing so we both aren't in this parking lot wasting our time. I had to make my attire friendlier to pull this off. I'm sure she wouldn't trust a woman dressed in all black with the meanest mug on her face. I let down my hair and put on a little makeup and slid on a sundress. I pray to God this works.

A van pulled up next to me and I didn't have to look very hard to be able to tell that this was her. The woman got out and gave me a small smile as she walked over to me.

"Are you Jade?"

"That I am."

"I'm so happy that someone finally contacted me about Lena. I have been wanting for her to meet her family."

I'm going to assume the little girl's name is Lena. All this bull shit I've made up and the chick never mentioned her name until now and I damn sure didn't know it to say it. Now that I think about it, this lady is a horrible mother. Who the fuck let's some random stranger pick up their daughter? Fuck it, I'm not here to teach the lady some parenting skills.

"Why were you so far to begin with?" I asked, like I really gave a fuck.

"How are you related to Boochie again?"

"I, uh ... I'm their cousin. His mom and my mom are sisters."

"And they never told you the story?"

"Story of what?"

She looked into the van then pulled me over to the side. Whatever she was about to tell me, I'm going to assume Lena doesn't know. Or maybe she doesn't need to know.

"Juno was always jealous of Boochie and what he and I had."

I can see this being true.

"When I had Lena, he would do certain shit to the point where I didn't feel safe for me nor my daughter. He told me that I shouldn't have had her and that she was going to turn out mentally ill like Boochie."

"That man is far from ill."

"That I know for a fact. So, I would arrange secret visits for Boochie so he can see Lena. She adores him and all she wants is to have him in her life. But Juno threatened me and said he would rape and kill Lena if I didn't stay away from his brother. He paid me a lot of money and told me to get out of town."

"And you took it?"

"What else was I supposed to do? Juno never says he's going to do something and doesn't follow through with it. I can't let him hurt my baby."

She went over to the window and waved for Lena to get out the car. I saw the passenger side door open and close and small feet walk slowly around the van. When Lena emerged in front of me, it was as if gravity was pulling me to her. Her eyes were so deep and told so many stories within them. She had long her like her mother and a stance like her too. I could tell she was confused and scared about everything that was going on. Hell, I would be too.