Chapter Sixteen: Dice

The past few weeks have been more than enjoyable. I've grown a closer relationship with my father and I'm hoping Zion and the baby can grow close to him as well. I've kept the news away from Zion about my father. I want it to be a surprise when we all get together and finally sit down as a family. I planned a little dinner with all of us and I'm hoping everyone can get along. I sent an invite to Jade but who knows if she will actually come. I don't know if it's because Malachi took the kids, but she is definitely off her rocker. That whole answering the door with a shot gun was embarrassing. She is real deal paranoid about this shit. I always assumed she didn't have fear in anything the way these niggas in the streets talk about her, but I guess people change when their world falls from around them.

I set the place mats and glasses on the dining room table nice and neatly like Zion asked me to. I told her to prepare a nice sized diner for this meet and greet. She doesn't know yet that it's my father coming over. I just told her it was someone really important I wanted her to meet. She didn't argue with me, which I appreciated.

"Baby, how am I going to know if what I cooked is appropriate if you won't tell me who is coming?"

"I love your chicken and shrimp alfredo babe. I promise, everything is good."

"What about what I'm wearing?"

I looked at Zion's outfit and got the urge to put her on the edge of the table and wear her ass out. She had on a royal blue strapless evening dress with a slit in it that goes all the way to her knee. One thing I've always loved about Zion  is she never wore too much makeup. Her natural beauty was always such a turn on to me. She always kept her nails and toes done how I like them. I've always appreciated her, but in this moment, I finally realized what a trophy I really have.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

I pulled her closer to me and grabbed a handful of her apple ass.

"Just looking at what's mine."

She smiled up at me and kissed my lips softly.

"Well, finish setting up this table. I have to go get Junior dressed."

She winked at me and left to go into the bedroom. I got a feeling that this might turn out the way I want it to.

A knock came to the door and I got a little nervous. I don't know what I will do if they don't like each other. They're both the most important people in my life and I just need everyone to cooperate. I straightened up my tie then walked to the front door and opened it. My father smiled and embraced me in a hug.

"How you doing, son?"

"I'm good Pop."

I let him come on and closed and locked the door. I tried to calm myself by taking a few breathes but that didn't seem to be working. I need a drink.

"This a nice place you got here son."

"Thanks Pop, you know the Mrs did all the decorating. All I do is pay rent."

"I hear that. Where is she by the way?"

"Getting Junior dressed. Why don't you just sit at the table while I bring all the rest of the stuff."

He nodded his head and went towards the table to pick a seat. I took my time and brought all the food to the table and poured my father a glass of my best bourbon I had saved up for a special occasion. I poured myself a glass and sat across from him.

"So, how does she feel about you in the game?"

I cleared my throat and shot him a look to let him know to lower his voice.