Chapter Six: Dice

I don't know what Jade went to go do the other day but she insists I didn't need to know about it. Yes, I need her to get Zion back but as her father the thought of her going to endanger herself didn't sit right to me. Something told me to stop her when she tried to walk out the door but what would I say? I don't think you need to be doing this? I didn't set the best example. Either way, she's not talking to me about it and I'm not going to ask anymore.

We both walked into Juno's trap house and I noticed all the blood stains on the floor that weren't there when I came here last time. Jade seemed to be so collective about it now and I now realized this is the first time we've ever done a job together.

"All this blood doesn't make you sick?"

"Did you forget I ran the game after you or no?"

"I'm just saying ... you seem so calm."

We got to the dining area and she looked down at a stain and I saw a slight trace of a smile.

"Jade, what did you do?"

"I handled it. Now, come on."

I followed her lead down the stairs into the basement where Juno holds his meetings. It was less people at the round table than usual but I pretty much put two and two together at this point. Jade must've come in here and killed damn near everybody. I felt a slight feeling of pride then I got uneasy. What in God's name have I created her to be?

We both sat down across from each other at the table and turned to Juno to figure out why he called this meeting.

"Glad you two can join us. Dice, I meant to ask you, what happened to that mission I sent you on?"

Jade suddenly pulled a gun out and cocked it.

"You sent my father on a dummy trip to get him killed and we all know it. So, cut this bull shit, please."

"You're gonna learn to respect me, Black."

"Respect? Nigga the only reason you still breathing is because I don't know where my mother is. Trust me when I say, nobody wants to kill you more than I do."

She waved her gun to signal him to get on with whatever he needs us to do. All I could do was stare at her. I mean, she told me stories of how she was running shit but experiencing her like this for the first time is new to me. Her stance and demeanor is very different from what I normally see. I now realize she had to become something totally different when she ran the game. I don't know this side of her but I feel like I should.

"What's this meeting for?" I said to Juno.

"It's this event going on across town and I need you two to go."

"What's at this event?"

"This distributor is having a little party at this club venue for his birthday. I hear it's gonna be a lot of money and even more product."

"And I take it you want us to steal it, right?" Jade asked.

"See, I knew you were smart."

"Do we get a cut out of this?"

"A cut? Me not killing your mother is enough of a cut."

"See, that's the thing, Fabio."

Jade got up from her chair and walked to the head of the table. She sat on the edge then crossed her legs and sat her gun on her lap.

"That's not enough of a cut. For one, if I'm going to be putting in work I should be getting money for it. That's how this shit goes. Using my mother as payment isn't going to work. How do we even know she's still alive? How do we know you haven't hurt her more?"