FIVE

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

seunghee
are u alr at the
library??

junho
yes

seunghee
okay! i'm omw

            SEUNGHEE pushed the door to the library, letting herself in as the door opens before her eyes wandered around the room—trying to find the desk where junho was sitting, waiting for her. she then managed to spot him sitting alone at the very corner of the room, cramped up with books and papers all around him as his eyes were completely focused onto the school work that he was trying to finish.

typical junho. seunghee thought, before making her way towards his direction.

junho still hasn't noticed her presence yet, even when she was already standing in front of the table that he was sitting. seunghee was confident that even if the world was about to end, the boy probably wouldn't give a damn about it unless someone told him.

she cleared her throat, trying to grab his attention. " hi junho! " she began to greet him with a small wave afterwards. " sorry if i'm late."

junho finally managed to look up from his books and looked at her before nodding his head, gesturing for her to sit at the empty space in front of him. " no worries." he then looked at the watch on his wrist. " you're not late."

" are you finishing up your homework? "

" not really. i've actually finished my homework earlier during school hours. now i'm just—practicing." junho told her, ending his last sentence with a small murmur that was almost inaudible, but still can be heard clearly." because practice makes perfect."

" that's— good? i guess." suddenly mr lim's words from yesterday began to play inside her head like a mixtape.

" seunghee? "

seunghee snapped herself back to reality after realising that she was starting to doze off.

" oh sorry—something came up in my mind." she immediately apologized.

" now, where were we? "

junho wanted to ask if she was okay, since she looked a bit— off. in the end, he decided to just shrug the thought off and focus on the main reason on why they've decided to meet up. it's not like it's none of his concern anyways.

" so—what are we going to do? "

for the whole day, the two of them discussed about the biology project that they were assigned to do so. together, they brainstormed for ideas while combining their own suggestions and opinions regarding about the topic that they chose to present later in front of the class.

a few hours passed by and at last they finally they came up with a plan— and it was perfect.

as last minute discussions were still going on, seunghee suddenly received a notification on her phone. she thought that maybe she could just ignore it for a while and reply to it later once the discussion between the two of them ends. but the thought didn't last long—not until she saw the contact's name.

" oh shit! "

" why? what's going on? " the boy felt a bit worried upon seeing her sudden reaction.

she started packing up her stuff in a hurry. " i'm so sorry junho! i'm late for work! can we continue our plans for the project tomorrow? i'm really sorry."

" oh, it's fine." junho felt a bit relieved knowing that it wasn't something serious. but instead it made him curious about one thing,

seunghee works?

once she finished packing up her belongings from the table, she bid the boy goodbye and quickly ran off from the place.

he didn't even get to say goodbye to her properly.

         " YES MR KIM! i'm on my way now." the call ended, making her adrenaline rush even worse.

finally after what it felt like forever for her to get to her work place, she arrived at the cafe and immediately went to the staff room to change her clothes.

" seunghee! we need you at table three this instant." one of her co-workers informed her.

" be there in a sec! "

seunghee took off her school clothes and placed it inside her locker alongside with her bag, before changing into her work uniform.

ding!

a notification came in through her phone. she suddenly felt the urge to check it— by convincing herself that it was important or an emergency. you know, just in case.

let's just say—it wasn't. but it somehow did made her day.

junho
take care of urself
and rest well once
u've finished work