THIRTY-ONE

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

junho
are u free?

seunghee
u mean now? i have work at
the cafe, i'm currently on a 5
minute break

junho
what time does your
shift end?

seunghee
around half an
hour, why?

seunghee
what are u
planning to do

seunghee
junho???

seunghee
cha junho!

" AND WHERE EXACTLY DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING? " his mother asked, as he saw his son rushing towards the exit of the house.

junho turned and slightly gulped. " visiting minhee, he said he was sick."

" really? " she crossed her arms and raised a brow. " well then—be back early." she strictly told him. " or i would have to tell your father about this."

the boy nodded and thanked his own mother, before finally stepping out of the house and closed the door behind him.

" mr jung." she called for one of the guard's presence.

the man immediately stepped forward and stood beside her. bowing, he continued to ask. " what do you want me to do? "

" watch him." she said. " watch him like a hawk."

" SEUNGHEE! can you take care of the counter for a while? i need to clean up table 10." one of her co-workers asked.

she accepted right away. " sure." and immediately stood up from her 5 minute break to proceed her job.

the cafe was busy as customers kept coming over. she has been working for almost 3 hours straight non-stop. the girl felt like as if her legs would start to chop off on it's own any minute.

" welcome to the cafe, what would you like to order? " she repeated the same sentence all over again, every single time a new customer arrives. at this point, she wished that there would be a sign on top of her head instead of trying to repeat the same sentence all over again.

the last customer was served and she heaved out a relieved sigh. finally, some rest! she thought. but that was until she heard the door to the cafe being opened. seunghee mentally groaned to herself and rolled her eyes out of annoyance.