NINE

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

mother
be back home by 5pm. we
will be having dinner with
your father's business
partners tonight.

mother
i've already asked the maids to
help you with your clothes once
you've arrived home.

mother
and i've already scheduled
an appointment with your
driver. do not be late.
do you understand?

junho
understood, mother.

       ANOTHER DINNER, GREAT. junho let out a sigh as he placed his phone aside—ruffling his own hair, feeling frustrated by the text he had just received from his own mother.

he leaned against the chair that he was sitting on as he looked outside through the windowsill—watching over some teenagers around his age playing basketball with their friends, spending their recess time without any worries.

seems fun.

         ON THE OTHER HAND, seunghee roamed around the large building as she tries to find for junho. she knew he doesn't usually goes out for recess, so she thought it would be better if she shared the bento that she made yesterday with him. after all, sharing your food with someone else makes it tastier, just like how seungyoun always said.

she wanted to ask minhee about junho's whereabouts—but minhee was busy as well, considering the fact that he's a part of the school council (which was unbelievable at first). seunghee didn't really wanted to bother him, so she decided to find junho by herself.

the first place that she could think of was the classroom, of course. he didn't really had any other places to go unless it was the library. but students weren't given any access to the school's library during recess, so it had to be the classroom.

well, her predictions were indeed correct.

she opened the door and saw the boy staring into space like a lagging robot. once again, he didn't realise her presence inside the room at all. seunghee finds it a bit hilarious now, and couldn't help but giggle. how adorable.

" hey junho." she greeted him as soon as she stepped inside the place.

junho eventually snapped himself back to reality upon hearing her voice. he peered over his shoulder and finally noticed her sudden presence.

quickly, he straighten his own back and cleared his throat. " what are you doing here? " he questioned, trying to act as if he wasn't daydreaming in another dimension a few seconds ago.

" i've made some bento yesterday, and i thought i might share it with you since you don't often go to lunch! " seunghee replied, placing her lunch box on top of his table. " you should take care of yourself."

junho was a bit surprised that she knew about him skipping recess often. but then again—everyone does. but what made him even more surprised was the fact that she wanted to share her lunch with him. just because she was worried about his health. somehow, it made him felt touched and a bit sense of gratefulness was starting to bloom inside him.

" don't worry about me."

" i insist. " seunghee told him. " think of it as a thank you gift from me to you! for spending time with me to finish up our project."

" oh." junho looked at the handmade bento placed on top of his desk and focused on the details—it was decorated nicely. he can even smell the delicious aroma of the food.

never knew she can cook.

" are you okay? " she asked out of a sudden, while taking a seat across him. " you've been spacing out a lot."

he cleared his throat once again, trying to avoid the topic. he didn't really wanted to discuss about what's going on through his mind at the moment.

" nothing."

" you know you can tell me, right? " she flashed another smile, placing her hand on top of his. " i'm good at keeping secrets."

the boy suddenly felt his heart skipped a beat. this was the first time a girl is holding hands with him. somehow, instead of feeling stunned or awkward—he felt comforted.

" let's just stay like this, for a moment."