TWENTY-THREE

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

" SO BASICALLY— you just need to sub this equation into the second equation— and then you just simplify it? " seunghee pouted. " well that's kinda easy."

she then heard junho chuckle, " i told you! maths is actually kinda easy if you understand it properly. you just have to find the right formula."

" i think i got it now." she tried to complete the question given without his help. after a few seconds, seunghee succeeded in completing the mathematical equation.

" you're a fast learner—not so bad."

" that's probably because you're a great tutor." she giggled and started yawning afterwards, giving herself a small stretch to ease the pain on her muscles." i'm gonna go and grab some coffee from the vending machine. would you like some? "

he nodded his head though his eyes were sill glued to the practice book in from of him. " sure."

" alright then! be back in a sec."

seunghee stood up from her seat and made her way towards the exit. it didn't took her long to finally spot the vending machine placed nearby their library.

as she placed the bill inside the machine and retrieved the cans of coffee, she was interrupted by a sudden tap on the shoulder. the girl turned behind and soon noticed that hyeongjun was standing right in front of her.

" hey seunghee! " the boy greeted her with a wide smile. eyes sparkly as ever, like a puppy. seunghee has always find him similar to a poodle— the resemblance is uncanny.

she smiled back and waved. " hey hyeongjun! what are you doing here? "

" getting some coffee after a long hour of studying." he replied to her and placed a bill inside the machine, before retrieving his own drink. " i guess you're having the same thought as i am."

" i guess i did." she giggled. " are you alone? "

" yeah, the rest couldn't really make it since they have extra classes to attend at their tuition." hyeongjun heaved out a sigh. " are you alone too? "

" oh, not really." seunghee chuckled awkwardly and rubbed her nape. should i tell him that i'm studying with junho?

the boy raised a brow. " let me guess. junho? "

guess not. " you guessed it."

he suddenly let out a laugh and shook his head. " you know— you really are something seunghee."

this time, it was her turn to raise a brow, wondering what the boy was talking about.

" uh— what i'm trying to say is—" he paused for a while, a smiled curved up on his face before continuing where he stopped. " junho's different whenever he's around you."

" what do you mean? "

" don't you notice? " his lips then curved into a small smirk. " i just find it odd that he's willing to sacrifice his extra lessons after school just to study with you. " hyeongjun said. "i mean— i've known him since we were practically in kindergarten. trust me, he has never hung out with me once unless our parents were having a business discussion or a mini gathering at each other's houses."

" really? "

the boy nodded his head, clearly showing that he's speaking the truth. " honestly, i'm glad that he's trying to become more—sociable, now. usually he would just read books, study or he'll be too busy attending meetings and interviews that his parents had arranged for him."

" that kinda sucks huh." she bit her bottom lip. " it must be a lot of pressure for him."

" junho really struggled the most among all of us. that's why i seriously support and encourage you to make him more sociable and active." hyeongjun chuckled. " anyways, i'll head off now—i'll see you later! "

hyeongjun waved goodbye and walked away towards the opposite direction where seunghee was originally heading.

as she went back to the library, hyeongjun's words kept replaying inside her head. it made her wonder and had all sorts of questions for both junho and him.

" hyeongjun is just saying that to make me feel better. he probably heard about me confessing to him so he doesn't want me to get heartbroken when junho rejects me, right? " she muttered, trying convince herself by her own words.

she opened the door to the library and shrug the thought off. she shouldn't think about it for now or else it's gonna distract her. she needs to study! that's her only focus.

but once she came back, she was surprised.

only to see junho sleeping comfortably, resting his head and both of his arms on top of the large desk.

seunghee couldn't help but chuckle at how cute the boy looked. deep down inside her chest, she somehow felt unfair that he still looks unbelievably ethereal even when he's sleeping.

" can't relate." she quietly muttered once again, while imagining how she looked like when she's sleeping. which made her cringe at the end.

she placed the two cans of coffee that she bought earlier on top of the desk and sat beside junho, before she started to stare at his face without him knowing.

she began to focus on the little details on his face, like how clear and flawless his skin looks up close. how long his eyelashes are, how plump his lips looked.

you guys might say that it's kinda creepy, but she couldn't help it. seunghee was mesmerized by his beauty.

some of his hair were also covering his eyes. as she was about to gently remove it to have a clearer view on his looks.

" perhaps you were staring a little bit too long."

the boy woke up from his 'sleep' and had a smirk on his face. seunghee was startled and began to blush, feeling embarrassed and flattered at the same time. she looked down and tried to avoid making eye contact with him.

" i—i—i i thought y—y you were sleeping." she stuttered.

" i was—until i heard you came back. you seem to be so intrigued by my face so i just decided to pull a prank on you." he laughed.

" that's not nice." she pouted, crossing her arms to her chest. " you almost gave me a heart attack! twice to be exact."

he then chuckled.  " sorry, i just find it fun to tease you sometimes." the boy ruffled her hair, giving her another light heart attack at the same time.

seunghee could feel her cheeks blushing for the second time.

is this boy trying to kill me or something? " l—le—let's get back to studying! " she shyly said.

junho laughed once again, but eventually nodded his head. " sure, cutie."