THIRTY-THREE

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

" MINHEE? IS THAT YOU? " dongpyo joked while squinting his eyes at the boy, trying to get a 'better' look of him. " gosh! i can't believe you're still alive! "

" i was gone for two days, not a decade you dumbass." the boy chuckled and nudge his friend on the arm, earning an 'ow!' from him. " where's junho by the way? "

" oh! he's not here today." hyeongjun told him. " family errands as per usual. you know he's a busy guy compared to all four of us."

" does seunghee know? "

" does seunghee know? of course she does! she's probably the first person that he'll inform. what do you expect? " eunsang stated. " guess once you got yourself a girlfriend she'll be your number one priority." he then continued to munch on his food.

" i guess? " minhee shrugged and took a seat beside eunsang—but somehow he felt uneasy by the fact that junho's presence isn't around. he was planning to tell him everything that happened yesterday, and perhaps even apologize for the way he has been acting towards him.

seems like he'll just have to delay his plans.

" is this real? " hyeongjun suddenly let out a gasp and dropped the spork that he was holding in his hand. the boy shoved his phone screen to dongpyo beside him, both of his large round eyes were widened.

dongpyo rolled his eyes. " i'm looking! i'm looking! " he said and grabbed the phone from the hyeongjun's hand. a few seconds later, his eyes began to widen as well.

" are you guys okay? " minhee questioned, feeling weirded out by the way his friends were acting, it kinda gives him the creeps.

" give me that." eunsang snatched the phone from dongpyo's hands and began to look at the phone's screen. he let out a gasp and— again— his eyes widened, surprised.

" are you guys really okay? " minhee questioned them once again, feeling worried. " what's going on? "

" read it." dongpyo simply replied, staring out into space as if he just saw death flashed in front of his own two eyes. " just read it."

minhee took the phone from eunsang's hand and like him, he looked at the phone screen with curiosity. " there's no fucking way." he cursed under his breath as he read the post all over again, making sure it was real.

" three years— after three fucking years." hyeongjun cursed, which was a surprise because the boy rarely curses. which means this shit is dead serious.

" we gotta tell junho." minhee said, putting the phone away, " and we can't let seunghee know about this— about her."

" sooner or later she's gonna find out about it, minhee. she's coming here." eunsang said and the rest of the boys nodded.

minhee sighed. " just when i thought things were getting better."

" A NEW KID? IS THAT TRUE? " seunghee's eyes sparkled. " is it a girl? a boy? " she began to bombard her friend with questions.

the girl chuckled. " the rumours said it's a girl, but it seems like she's also from a wealthy family. she moved to the US three years ago? i think? " she scanned through her phone for confirmation—reading the text on her screen—before nodding her head. " yup! three years ago."

" wow, that's cool! maybe junho knows her? " seunghee raised a brow, but her friend could only shrug. " should i ask him? "

" yeah— who knows? maybe it's an old friend of his. rich people usually hang out between themselves you know."

" good point. but he's pretty busy now." she bit her bottom lip, trying to figure out if asking junho was a good idea during this hour. " i know! maybe i should ask minhee."

" i think i just saw him at the cafeteria with the rest of the rich kids. you should ask them! i mean— you're pretty close with them."

" yeah, i'll ask them about it." seunghee nodded her head. " thanks for the heads up! can't wait to see who it is."

minhee
she's coming back

junho
what?

junho
wait hold on are
u feeling better now?

junho
are u still sick?

junho
who's coming back?

minhee
yes i'm fine i'll explain
everything later but just
so u know

minhee
she's coming back

junho
who?

minhee
read this

minhee
🖇 minhee sent you a link

SEOUL HIGH SCHOOL ONLINE BULLETIN BOARD

posted by hgi89
12:30 am
— NEW STUDENT ALERT 🚨
seems like our school will be receiving a new student tomorrow! does anybody recognise who? here's a bit info about the new kid :
name : maria kim
class : 8A-1
- used to study in the us for three years
- rumour has it that she comes from a wealthy family
that's all i know! anybody would like to add?
view comments
bb_ah i heard she's a goddess!
jkl123 rich, smart, and perhaps a beauty! anybody has her number so i can ask her out?
saeromies can't wait to have her in our class <3

" she really is coming back."