NINETEEN

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

" I'M LATE! "

" you're late." seungyoun handed her school bag. " i've already packed your lunch. be careful and have fun at detention." he chuckled afterwards.

" i don't know if i should thank you or punch you in the face but since i'm running late—thanks anyways." she immediately grabbed her bag away from his hand and bid him goodbye.

fuck it. i'm screwed.

seunghee's dark brown hair was tied into a messy bun since she didn't have time to properly brush it and her neck tie was hanging loose from her neck. she only had one sock on her feet as the other pair is inside her bag. but at this point, she doesn't give a damn about how she looks—the girl only had 10 minutes left before they the school gates closes.

she's basically in a do or die situation.

she quickly made her way out of the building and ran as fast as she could. at this rate, she could even become the next usain bolt. usually seunghee would take the bus to go to school, but ain't no bus is gonna pick her up during this hour.

" i'm so fucking dead." she muttered under her breath and tried to keep up with her pace, glancing at the watch on her wrist every few seconds.

seunghee was starting to lose her energy and decided to take a small break at the nearest bus stop to catch her own breath. she leaned against the bus sign and gasped for air, while trying to regain back her energy.

that was until she heard a car honking behind her.

" what the fuck." she cursed under her breath and turned, to face a familiar vehicle parked just a few meters away from where she's standing.

she sweared she could've seen the car somewhere before, but she couldn't put her finger on it. the license plate somehow looks oddly familiar.

" did i accidentally ran into one of the neighbour's dog or something? " she thought, before approaching the car and trying to come up with an apology inside her head— just in case she did ran into someone's dog and they tried to file a lawsuit against her.

right at that moment, someone came out from the vehicle. the person's figure was very very familiar. of course, it had to be none other than cha junho to come and save the day.

she widened her eyes, shocked by his sudden presence. isn't he supposed to be at school? " junho? um— what are you doing here? " she gained to energy asked.

" well, you weren't at school so i thought there's something going on." he explained to her. " i texted seungyoun and he said you just left the house a few minutes ago running like a mad man—so i decided to find you and pick you up." junho stated as his eyes scanned the girl up and down, before letting out a small cute snicker. " you look—presentable. but still cute? "