SIXTEEN

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

THE GIRL LET OUT A SIGH.it has almost been six hours since she came back from school, and her shift still isn't going to end anytime soon. seunghee immediately regretted her decision when she agreed to take over one of her co-worker's shift for today. or else she would have been home by now, laying on her comfortable bed before drifting herself for a quick nap in the evening.

it's too late for that now.

so she decided to complete her homework rather than wasting her working hours. time shouldn't be wasted, right? instead of staring at the empty counter looking like a lunatic, she thought about doing something productive in the meantime to cure her boredom.

the girl took out a few books from her bag and placed it on top of the counter, before she started flipping throughout the pages.

a few minutes passed by where it felt like forever. she was starting to get bored once again and procrastinate, not until she heard the bell ringing through the entrance, signaling that there's a new customer entering the convenience store.

" welcome! " she stood up and immediately placed her books away.

" hey." a figure came by the counter where she was standing. and it turns out, the customer was a very familiar person to her.

" junho? " seunghee gasped, shocked by his sudden presence. " what are you doing here? "

" minhee told me that you were working here, so i've decided to come by."

" wait." she suddenly placed her palm on top of his forehead, trying to check on his body temperature. " are you okay? shouldn't you be home by now? "

junho chuckled and intertwined his hand with her's, before gently placing it down. " don't worry. i've told you before that i'll recover quickly. i'm cha junho remember? " he jokingly said.

" is this really the introverted junho that i once know? " she teased him, making the both of them laugh.

" when does your shift ends? "

seunghee counted the number of hours that she has left with her fingers. it took her a while, but eventually she managed to figure it out. " about two hours? "

" well then, let me stay here and accompany you during the meantime."

listening to those words coming out from him almost made her burst out her own eyes. " w—what? "

" you heard me." junho smiled once again. " i'm gonna stay here with you." he said.

" b—but—why? you don't have to! " she stuttered. " i can handle myself."

" it's fine. it's not like i had anything to do anyways. my parents went to the stated to oick up my sister, making the house empty. " he said, before continuing. " so basically i'm free for a while."