THIRTY-FOUR

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

seunghee
we haven't been talking
lately :( are u okay?

junho
i'm fine don't worry!

junho
have fun at work :)

seunghee
okay?

seunghee
is this another prank
of urs where u sudd show
up at my work place >:(

seunghee
junho?

seunghee
ig ur really busy

seunghee
see u later <3

" JUNHO IS ACTING WEIRD." she said, placing her phone inside her pocket. " something isn't right."

" he's skipping school again today isn't he? " minhee raised a brow, while taking a sip from the bottled drink he bought earlier. " two days in a row— not very junho of him."

" is his family doing something? " the girl turned to him. " are they controlling him? "

minhee shrugged. " i don't know. his parents are capable of anything— so perhaps? " he then let out a sigh and patted her shoulder. " don't worry! i'm sure he'll be fine! you're so tense."

seunghee tried to convinced herself with minhee's words. but she still felt a bit uneasy.

" wait— the new kid is coming today right? do you perhaps know her? " she suddenly asked minhee.

the boy gulped and tried to avoid making eye contact with her. damn it. he cursed to himself. sooner or later, she's gonna find out about it. but minhee never expected her to find out about it this early.

" uh— haha. yeah, i guess? " he awkwardly replied while rubbing the back of his neck. " let's just say— she's an acquaintance? of mine? "

" well? aren't you excited? " she proceeded to bombard him with more questions. " what is she like? is she nice? are you guys good friends? does she remember you? "

minhee sighed once again. " why are you so obsessed on knowing her anyways? "

" because she's gonna be in my class, duh! " seunghee rolled her eyes. " i just wanna know what she's like. wait— does she know junho? "

he froze upon hearing that question. suddenly a glimpse of his past with the alleged 'new kid' started playing inside his head.