THIRTY-FIVE

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

" I HEARD WHAT HAPPENED." jiyoon sighed and placed her hand on top of junho's, rubbing it in circular motion which somehow calmed him down. " why didn't you tell me? "

" i didn't want to burden you, jiyoon." he chuckled. " being my sister is already a big of a burden. there's no point anyways, our mother is quite invincible." junho shook her head and proceeded to made sude his tie was neat. " this is the only way i could apologize to her, to them. after what i've done."

" but it's your life, i don't understand how you're letting them control you like some sort of android." she exclaimed. " i thought you liked seunghee."

" and i still do." junho replied with a smile, but that smile quickly turned into a frown. " but i can't let our mother hurt her. in order to prevent her from doing so, i must obey her orders. just like how it should be in the first place." he continued.

" this is absurd." jiyoon rolled her eyes. " she's really taking a toll this time. ugh! i can't believe this." she then let out another sigh. " i wish i could do something."

junho patted her shoulders and smiled once again. " it's fine jiyoon. i'll handle things on my own now. you have done enough for me."

jiyoon nodded her head. " if you need anything, just tell me or wooseok next time, okay? "

" i promise."

" okay." she flashed a smile. " let's go now, the guests are waiting."

the siblings went downstairs together to greet their guests. though they both would rather stay in bed instead of having to attend this one of a hell 'tea party'.

" is wooseok attending as well? " junho asked his sister, but unfortunately she replied with a frown. " he has a few errands to handle for a while so he'll be busy for the whole week. just when i thought i can spend more time with him." she sighed disappointingly.

junho chuckled. " don't worry, you have me as a substitute! though i'm still no match for wooseok."

" good point." the two then laughed, until they were interrupted by a sudden tap on the shoulder.

the pair turned and saw their mother glaring at them from up to down, giving them the stereotypical 'where are you manners?' look, which made her two children immediately cut off their excitement.

" this is a serious event, so everything must be perfect! no giggles and small chatters while the guests are around." the woman reminded them. " jiyoon dear, follow me. and as for you junho dear— you should start greeting the guests."

" yes, mother." they replied in unison.

junho began to walk away from them and heaved out a sigh. god, i just want this whole thing to end now. he complained silently to himself.