SIX

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

" I'M HOME." i said while taking off my shoes before stepping inside the house. the sound of me walking all over the floor could clearly be heard as if it echoes throughout the whole area of the large living room.

as expected, there were no replies—meaning the house was either empty once again, or my mom is just ignoring me.

" welcome home junho." mrs han greeted me instead—just like she always do for the past 18 years of my life to be more specific. " i've already made lunch for you."

" i'm not really hungry mrs han. you can eat it instead, i'll be at my room." the woman nodded her head to my orders, and excused herself to leave.

i made my way to my own room while trying to figure out what should i do since i've finished all of my school work—until i could hear someone clearing their throat nearby me. i turned to my side and realized that my mom was standing right in front of dad's office, facing me with her hands crossed to her chest.

" good afternoon, mother." i greeted her politely, just like how she always taught me to do.

" you father would like to see you."

that caught me off guard, i was surprised. the fact that my dad was actually home made me wonder why— usually he would be at his company during this time of the day. probably stuck in some sort of business meeting.

somehow i knew something suspicious is going on—and it's making me feel uneasy.

i nodded my head, before gulping and obeyed to her orders. once i've entered the room, i saw him. there he was, sitting at his usual spot in his office, right behind his desk.

" junho, have a sit." he said, gesturing for me to take a seat at the empty chair across him.

the sound of the door clicking behind me can be heard, for some reason my mom had locked the door. i started to wonder what's going on— somehow i feel like i'm being held captive by my own parents.

i nodded my head once again and sat in front of him like he told me to do, while mom took her place at the empty seat beside him. now both of them were facing me, and i can feel the strong tension between us.

" i see you have been working hard in your academics." he paused for a second, and then continued. " i'm proud of your latest performance in school." the man complimented—sort of? i don't really know. he can be confusing at times.

" thank you father." i simply replied, wasn't really sure whether i should be smiling or kept my face straight.

" your shirt—it's wrinkly." my mom pointed out, suddenly interrupting our conversation." you don't look neat junho."

" ah! i—i'm so sorry, mother, i didn't notice. i'll take care of myself better next time." i said, trying my best not to panic or stammer.