Chapter 57

{I AM REALLY REALLY SORRY THIS IS SO LATE!}

I am so sorry… You’ll all see why soon…

Also, sorry for it being late….

Dedication: @taryneckert (I used your question),

&

@NarryDirectioner123 (You got it exactly right) and @MissMal, @BriannaThornton6, @taryneckert, @TheFaultInOurNarry_x, And @TessForDaysss (because you guys got 2/3 right)

Pages: 9 ,Words: 2,636.

Answer: Lilac, galaxy, and red :)

.-. .-. .-. .-. .-.

~Niall~

I was tired, tired beyond belief. And right now, I wasn’t just tired from lack of sleep, I was tired of surviving. We were doing nothing but surviving, we weren’t living, not anymore. Sure, we get the occasional place that we can stay at for a while, a place we can just relax and enjoy- as much as you can in this world. But I was tired of it- tired of watching the world die around me. So what, we survive another month? But then what? We spend the rest of our lives surviving? And who’s to say the world won’t be different, who’s to say that the world wouldn’t have killed us by then?

I internally sighed at my depressing thoughts, that paired with the horrid smell of death and the darkness of the tunnels didn’t really help.

Sometimes I think back to the first time we were at the safe zone, and although the pain of experimentation was horrible, at least we had somewhere we belonged. Now, don’t get me wrong, I know I belong here in this group of misfits holding this beautiful boy’s hand but there would have always been the possibility of meeting him there as well- and then my brother would have been alive too. But maybe if I had stayed long enough they would have killed me- at least I would have been living for a bit before… somewhat living anyways.

I groaned lightly, my mind becoming a swirling pool of turmoil and negativity. Harry glanced over at me, smiling sympathetically, before squeezing my hand reassuringly. I smiled back weakly, fatigue finally taking its toll on me.

My limbs all felt heavy, my feet dragging against the moist dirty ground of the tunnels. I was glad the journey was almost over, the tunnels lighting up slightly. A whole day of travelling and no sleep was taking its toll. Thankfully we hadn’t run into any problems along the way- only seeing the same things we had seen the first time. The dog, still chained to the wall slowly deteriorating with the lack of food that came in through these tunnels, and even more black vines travelling up the walls- death flowers sprouting out of them beautifully. It was a morbid kind of fascination, how something so beautiful could be so deadly.

How something small could end your life so quickly. That something so utterly entrancing and beautiful could slowly turn you into a monster.

The additional boys to our group were huddled together, cautiously gazing at everything with wary eyes. They hadn’t seen this, and they were scared, but there was nothing that we could do for them. All we had to do was keep moving.

Light began to pour into the tunnels. And I was relieved to find out that we were almost done, almost out of this retched yet beautiful place. All that was left was to get out of this horrible tunnel, find shelter, and then rest up for the next day.

The light became brighter, filtering in through more cracks and holes of the tunnels as we got closer to the exit. With each step, more light filtered in, and the heavier my limbs became, the more tiredness weighted down on me. I wasn’t paying attention to anything around me, depending solely on everyone else.