Chapter 28

Chapter 28

This story is not over yet! Sorry, not sorry. Ha.

So, I got some awesome comments and reactions on the last chapter. Glad I got your attention! I just started reading TFIOS and I love it, but I’ve put it down for a little to write this chapter for you all!

Dedication to: @pizza_is_mah_life, @ForeverUnited93, and @thelovelynialler

Also, @1directionmyhusband because you commented the most

Word count: 1,166

Pages on word: 4

I hope you guys find this chapter fitting. :) enjoy!

---

~Niall~

On the ground lay Nick, a pained expression on his face while blood trickled out of his mouth like a small fountain. Josh stood in the same place, just watching the scene in front of him with sad eyes. The brute, whose life I spared several times, stood with a proud expression on his face, arm straight out, gun pointed at where Nick was standing only minutes ago. A small puff of smoke exited the barrel, and I could see the heated metal wanted to cough out more but none came. Nick’s hands were pressed firmly into his upper stomach area, blood seeping through his fingers gently almost peacefully. The harder he pressed down, the more blood would come seeping out and the more pained his facial expressions became. And then he started mumbling under his breath, the same words over and over it seemed; like an almost silent mantra, a prayer. I’m sure that’s really what he was doing, begging for forgiveness for the deaths he caused- the brutal murder of my brother included. I glanced back up to the brute who was now smiling a small, shy smile over my way and Josh stood motionless and expressionless looking at me too.

“I told you, you wouldn’t regret it.” He whispered, his small smile exploding into a wide teeth-showing, shit-eating, face-splitting, beaming smile like he had won the lottery. I chuckled lightly but nodded nonetheless, he did- after all- tell me so. I was skeptical, but I thank whatever god is out there, whatever is watching us up there, for making me spare his life. I nodded causing a small smile to stretch on Josh’s face.

“Thank you.” I muttered quietly and Josh’s face changed into one of fake shock.

“You just thanked someone?” He muttered, eyes wide and mouth agape. His perfectly white teeth glistening in the mid-afternoon sunlight and face covered with dirt almost making him seem tanner than he already was. I pulled a face and he smiled widely at me.

“I’m sorry.” He muttered, suddenly serious and I raised an eyebrow. He just saved me, why was he sorry? “For back in the freezer.” He added solemnly, noticing my confusion. Realization hit me like a bag of bricks- my eyes widened and my mouth opened up into a perfect circle even Van Gough would have been jealous of. His eyes dulled, sadness filling them in and causing his brown orbs to darken slightly. Then, my shocked features quickly morphed into one of happiness; a small smile etched on my face and laughter bubbling lightly out of the back of my throat no matter how much I tried to contain it.

“Josh, you were forgiven the moment you shot that building with arms holding me down. Like damn, that guy was fucking huge and I forgave you as soon as you were on my side. We’re brothers, forever yeah?” He nodded his head ecstatically, resembling a bobble head I used to have before the virus broke out- a guy sitting behind a pair of drums, face almost splitting because of the whopping smile on his face, giant disproportional head bobbing up and down with just a light tap of my finger. I laughed lightly at the comparison. To be fair, he had a matching one- a blonde guitar player, face lit up in utter happiness, hands positioned on the guitar like he was in the middle of a concert, and a disproportional head that bounced just as much. We wanted to be in a band together, it was our dream. But now, now music is a near extinct- and also a significant hazard. There was no need for music in this new world. And thus, our dream died along with most of the human race and much of our hope. But hey, you can’t really have a band with just a drummer and guitar player- so the virus did kind of save us from the burning embarrassment that was bound to go along with our little band escapade. There was a muffled scream of ‘Niall’ that rang through the air and attacked my ears, the sound sounding like it was a good distance away. Josh’s smile fell to one a bit smaller and he gestured behind me. I turned to see four bodies running in my direction and I instantly recognized them as the four boys that my life now sort of circled around. I glanced behind me, only to see Josh slowly disappearing. He turned around, locking eyes with me and smiling cheekily before he exclaimed:

“Forever right?” And all I could do was nod, before he turned around and jogged away. I internally slapped myself, these boys were making me soft- something you can’t be in this world if you want to survive. I turned around and watched as the four quickly approached me, faces tinged pink and breathing labored.

“We-” puff “Heard a” puff “gunshot.” Puff.  Zayn said, bent over at the waist, hands on his knees and face looking in my general direction with his eyes squinted trying to block out the sun behind me.

“Glad you have the ability to hear.” I answered back and he just glared at my smiling face. “I’m kidding, all is good. Promise. Plus, I don’t think we’ll have any more issues with Nick anymore.” The last part I spoke quieter, gesturing behind me vaguely. All four glanced behind me curiously, and then at the dead giant at my feet and nodded. I could tell they all wanted some explanation so I muttered ‘magic’ and bent down to search the dead man for anything useful. After coming up with nothing I stood up and watched as Zayn did the same to Nick. I glanced over at Harry, who was watching me, and smiled a loving smile at the boy. He smiled back, walking over to me and pecking me lightly on the lips.

“That’s not a real kiss.” I pouted. He just laughed and kissed me for real.

---

I know this wasn’t actually the best chapter and I apologize for that. But I hope you guys comment and vote because drama is coming up!

Oh! And for those of you who want my opinion on TFIOS- it was both the best and worst book I have ever read.

28 comments and 30 votes for an update by Monday.

BEST GUESS ON WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN THEY REACH THE ‘SAFE ZONE’ GETS A DEDICATION!

Xx Val