Chapter 42

I can’t believe its chapter 42 already! You guys are incredible #justsayin

Dedication to: @holdinghoransheart (for guessing my fav superhero right) and @mynarrycupcakes (for giving a unique and creative answer. Truly made me laugh.)

Thanks for all those who commented, and many of you were close. Most guessed those in my top 5: superman, batman, iron man, etc….. but my absolute favorite superhero is Hawkeye.

_ 6  _ pages, and _ 2,004 _ words.

Though I didn’t get my comment goal (saddening I know :(….) I am going to update early anyways, cuz I’m very excited about what’s coming up and I can’t hold in my excitement.

Let’s do this!

P.S gif on the side is proof enough that niall tops…. #justsayin

ALSO, I want to do a Q&A for this book, so any questions to the characters and/or me- post them in the comment section!!!

~_~

~Nialler~

Somehow, everyone had decided to follow me- pegging me as the ‘leader’ of sorts. They claimed I knew much more about our surroundings then they did, and I also had little ‘safe houses’ everywhere. Which, was true… but I would have enjoyed a say in the matter. But, one puppy-dog look from Harry shot my way had me instantly agreeing- I was sad to say that he had me whipped already. But then again, I wasn’t too sad because it meant I was his…. And even better yet, he was mine. He was mine once again, and I wasn’t going to let anyone change that fact nor would I let anyone take him away from me. It just wasn’t going to happen. I had to let go of the past that was something I had learned long, long ago. Though, I also had to learn from it, rather than forget it and move on. The past taught you not to make the same mistake twice, how to avoid making the same mistakes. My grip on Harry’s hand got tighter as the sun began to rise again, making sure that he was actually there. Now that light was beginning to filter in, coloring the surroundings in a peaceful manner. It was almost like a fairytale, had it not been for the situation it actually could have been. The world had gone to hell, but we had found a serene place unaffected by the greed of man and the virus that had spread quicker than the plague. I remember when all communication with countries outside of the UK had stopped, and I remember the last boat that had left Ireland to Britain, hoping for safety and sanctuary. Though, we didn’t find any on that last boat and we didn’t find any once we had gotten here. It was the same as it was in Ireland, but somehow it was worse as well. There were more people, and more people infected. It was easy to spread; easy to catch… we didn’t know the signs yet by then. It had killed Ireland, but it had just started its destruction of Britain. They didn’t know the signs, so people became paranoid. They turned to shooting at whatever moved, and thinking that even if a loved one had been bitten that they could be saved leading to the whole household becoming infected. People had also locked themselves away in their homes and flats, eventually dying of dehydration or starvation… believing that water and food had brought on the disease. And after a couple months, the UK had no contact with anyone else, and had fallen to the disease. Handfuls of people survived, and some were even lucky enough to get out of here but I couldn’t say with certainty that anywhere and everywhere else wasn’t the same. I couldn’t say that they had escaped hell, but I also couldn’t say that they had left hell for a different hell. I didn’t know how the world was affected, and I don’t think that I would want to now. I didn’t think I could handle figuring out that there really was no life to fight for, no place safe, no place where we could stop running from the virus that had hit us unceremoniously and swiftly kicked our asses. I remembered this place, this little field of flowers untouched by the death surrounding it. I remembered how close we were to a hideaway I had found with Greg before we came upon the safe zone. And I remembered the little paradise a day’s walk away from it. A place with running water, and a backup generator that hadn’t been used, and a plain cement basement with all the food you could dream of- the ones canned or dried or preserved that is- and a cozy little bedroom with a bed that had stayed clean. It was a place that was untouched by the outside world that was so content with all the death and greed and destruction, it almost seemed fake- a part of my wild imagination, or a little plastic house that only lived in a perfect world rather than the one we were in now. But even with all that had happened, and is still to come, I find myself content in this world- because in this world I met Harry, and in this world he felt the same.