Chapter 11

Chapter 11- Virus

So I didn't get all the comments for an early update... but because I was late with a few of the earlier chapters; I'm going to update early again.

And because I love you guys so much.

I really like this chapter; I think it's one of the better ones. Lots of drama in this chappie and I'm really excited to see your reactions.

I kind of had a burst of inspiration with this chapter, and with our new mystery character.

Just a quick apology to those reading "Price of love". I deleted it, sorry. But, coming soon will be a new Ziall story that im really excited about. POL just didn't get the reaction I wanted... maybe ill upload it some other time in the future when I get new inspiration for it? Idk, I don't think anyone actually read it, but thanks to those 3 that I know did read it.

Dedication to: @angelfoullon (cuz your comment just made me laugh so hard, thank you. Im really glad you like the story.) @sort-of-weird (cuz that was a really really creative and good idea) and @DirectionersUnited93 (cuz you were very very close to who our mystery guy is and you're closest to what Nialler's secret is. Creative, and close but not exactly. Good guessing though lovely)

Enjoy!

6 pages on word

1,620 words

P.S ALMOST TO 2,000 READS ON THIS STORY!!!! YOU ARE ALL SO INCREDIBLY AMAZING!

~~~~~

I glared at him, a growl escaping my throat. He smirked, chuckling slightly.

"Aww, so wittle Nialler didn't forget who I was." He cooed in fake excitement and I gripped my knife harder, my knuckles turning white around the handle.

"How could I forget? A bastard like you comes around once in a lifetime. Unfortunately, you came around twice." I growled out, a faux smile gracing my features but my eyes still hard as I glared at the man. He dropped his happy act and returned my glare, pointing a finger at me.

"I didn't kill him; it was your fault he died. Your entire fault, so don't go blaming me." He spat out at me and I growled again. I was so tempted to slit his throat, but I couldn't. I couldn't risk walkers coming in and finding the lads because of his blood. I began to see red, but I held myself back. "But you see, I'm actually quite glad I found you. You know there's a reward on your head now. And I'm going to be the one to drag your sorry ass back. I'll be a hero, and you'll still be the freak." He said, a small smile gracing his features but I saw through it. My suspicions were confirmed when he hissed out the last few sentences. Wow, there was a reward for me now? Why couldn't they just let me be? I shook my head and smiled cockily.

"And what makes you think that you're sorry ass could drag me all the way back there? And that I wouldn't put up a fight? I've been on my own for months whereas you- well you- have been 'safe' in that little camp you want to drag me back to. I'm not a child anymore, I'm not weak anymore. You can go ahead and try, but I'm not saying I won't put up a fight- and win." I snarled back and it was true. I wasn't the kid back at the camp, or the stupid naïve child from before all of this. I was stronger, smarter, and much quicker now. I wasn't going to give up without a fight.

He watched me, scanning my features. Smirking when he was finished.

"You're protecting something. You would've just killed me already if it was just you and me. There has to be someone else that you don't want to risk putting in danger." He chuckled, smiling evilily. "So, who is it? And where is this special person?" He taunted and I scowled, my eyes darkening in anger. He better leave Harry- I mean all of the lads- out of this. He was condemned to hell, and I would make sure he arrived safely if he touched any of the lads. He laughed seeing he hit a nerve. "What a shame. How sad would it be if whoever this is died? God, and it would be all your fault just like with your brother." He jeered and I had to hold myself back from both killing him and crying knowing what he was saying was true. There was a crunch from behind and I spun around. Harry came into view, the rest of the lads following suite when they all froze taking in the scene. I closed my eyes, gritted my teeth, and cursed in my head. He chuckled from behind me and my grip tightened on the knife I was holding again.

I opened my eyes, and then everything went so fast I couldn't even blink before it was over. I had somehow gotten very very close to the trapped walkers, a knife to my throat and a muscular arm wrapped around my waist. The boys had their weapons drawn and they watched us curiously.

"So much for a struggle huh?" He chuckled into my ear and I jerked, my jaw clenching.

"Shut up, asshole." I sneered and he laughed, tightening his grip. I locked eyes with Liam, the knife digging more into my throat and then he was putting down his weapon and lifting his hands in surrender. I closed my eyes in defeat and cursed under my breath.

"Now Niall, what would your brother think of language like that?" He cooed, and I almost growled again.

"He would join me if it was about you." I sneered. He chuckled but pushed the knife more into my throat, pulling on my hair harshly.

"I wonder what would happen to your friends there if I was to accidentally cut you, or better yet cut myself." He whispered tauntingly into my ear.

"Leave them out of this Nick." I hissed back.

"Oh but there must be one you fancy, even if it's just a little. Or else I don't think you would be with them. Which one is it? Puppy eyes?" When no response came he continued. "How about that one, the one with the black hair?" Nothing. "Oh, the one holding his hand." Again nothing. I locked eyes with Harry. "Oh, curls." I stiffened and he laughed. "I never thought you were into innocent, especially one that could die so easily in this world." He jeered. My eyes locked with Liam's again and I gestured with my eyes for him to go back into the freezer. He nodded slightly, grabbing onto Zayn and Louis and slowly dragging them backwards while I struggled in Nick's arms to distract him.

"You were his best friend. How could you do something like that? I looked up to you, you were like a second brother to me and then you did that." I muttered, anger and hurt lacing my voice. I locked eyes with Harry, to see Liam trying to drag him away but him refusing. Liam looked at me helplessly and I gave a slight nod.

"I did nothing wrong. You are the one that was a freak. You killed him, not me. I was just doing my duty to society. You're a disgrace." He snarled. I locked eyes with Harry again, and my eyes led his to the gun on the ground. He slowly picked it up, his eyes questioningly. My eyes led to the padlock then back to his. His eyes flashed with worry and I could see he really didn't want to. I mouthed a 'trust me' and he nodded, tears flooding to his eyes. He raised his gun, aiming. I smiled.

"Go to hell Nick, you killed him. You informed them, and you shot him."

"I didn't kill him, I stopped him from dooming us all but I was too late. He was stupid. He could have lived." He ranted, and I shook my head.

"You killed him, now you're going to hell." Then a shot rang out, and clattering rang through the small space. His grip slackened as he stared in horror as the walkers broke through the rest of the restraints. In his moment of weakness I slipped from his grip and grabbed his knife. I held it to his chest and he stared at me wide eyed and hands up in surrender.

"Good-bye bastard." I whispered before slicing his leg open. He cried out, falling to a knee. I pushed him over, and then the walkers broke free. I dropped the knife, running over to Harry and shoving him against the wall in a small coven about an inch or two deep. I stood protectively in front of him, making sure he was covered completely.

Then a walker stumbled closer to us.

---

Well, that was fun to right. Ha. Sorry for all the swear words, but I did warn you all.

I've decided to do a question or two per chapter, best answer gets a dedication.

QOTC (question of the chappie):

What is going to happen to Niall and Harry?

Will Nick survive?

I hope you guys liked this chapter as much as I did. We are about to find out Niall's secret!!! YAY!!!!

For those 3 reading POL, sorry again for deleting it, but I really wasn't feeling it. Now im just going to dedicate my time to this story. :) sorriez.

15 comments and votes for an early update by Sunday?

You guys are really creative and I love reading your ideas and comments, so keep em coming!

~V