Chapter 43

Whoop whoop, another chapter!

Yeah baby!

I cannot believe how amazing you all are!!!!!!

_ 7 _ Pages, and _ 2,070 _ freaking words.

<Dedication to:  @abucola (for thinking of a different villain, props for knowing your villains), @cojoss_ (cuz good guess, unique answer;D), @Niall_ate_my_name4 (unique answer), @narryismylife101 (you got it right!), and @mynarrycupcakes (cuz you got it right as well!!!) >

I got some very creative, and hilarious guesses! Props to: @SmilingNiallxxx, and @BriannaThornton6 because I was dying your comments were funny. :D and @narryismylife101 cuz that was deep.

My favorite villain is…… Loki! :O

'~' '~' '~' '~' '~'

~Nialler~

Stepping foot down in the tunnels I instantly cringed as the smell hit me, watching as all the others did the same- covering their noses and mouths with their dirty shirts just to get rid of the horrid smell. My eyes began to water, but I blinked rapidly to try and get rid of the moisture. This was just the start. Harry’s grip on mine tightened, and reflexively I squeezed his hand back reassuringly. We walked farther into the dimly lit tunnels, our noses scrunched up and hidden in our shirts. I tied a bandana around my nose and mouth, tying a matching one around Harry’s mouth and nose shortly afterwards. His eyes crinkled up slightly, a sign he was smiling, causing me to squeeze his hand lovingly. Soon, the other three had followed our example, and we were off again no longer bothered by the smell. Our footsteps echoed off the walls as we walked, the damp ground causing them to squeak adding to the noise. I walked with a slight limp still, and I hoped none of them noticed. Though, if any of them did they didn’t voice their discovery. Drops of random liquids fell from the roof of the tunnel, sometimes making contact with us. None of us bothered wiping it off or trying to discover what it was, and honestly that was probably the smartest option. There were a lot of things that the mysterious liquids could be, and a lot of things they were. Thick black goo lazily rolled down the sides of the tunnels in the opposite direction that we were travelling. I made sure to tug Harry closer to me when I spotted the substance, not willing to risk getting him exposed to the virus. The smell began getting even worse, only slightly hitting our noses now thanks to the fabric that covered them and saved us from being exposed to the virus. Two of us had already been exposed, and sure Louis didn’t get sick because of me, but I wouldn’t wish that kind of torture on anyone… it’s a horrid experience. Small rocks shifted under our feet, and occasionally someone will kick one and it would land in the sluggish goop that immediately began to destroy it. And in a matter of minutes, the rock would be gone- devoured by the virus. The further we travelled into the abyss, the more things we came across: old faded wrappers that looked as if they would crumble had someone decide to touch it, large rats the size of dogs with big beady eyes munching happily on a piece of fuzzy green bread or a finger of a walker that had fallen off as they watched us walk, large furry creatures the size of babies silently crawling around happily in the rivers of black not even bothered with us walking past. On occasion we passed a cat or dog- skinny things with patches of fur missing, yellow and black teeth bared, with one (if they were lucky) working eye the other either blind or yellowed and barely even living in the socket, ribs showing- chained to the wall, barking or hissing as we passed as they desperately tried to get free. Before the virus hit like a bomb, people brought dogs and cats down here for a subway ride- though they had to be chained to the wall while the owner bought their tickets, and while some owners were already infected, some ran trying to save themselves forgetting about their own animals leaving them to fend for themselves. Most people had animals back then, dogs and cats could smell the infection and sense the infected resulting in them being the perfect way to stay safe… but sometimes it wasn’t enough. I looked sadly at a dog, a puppy actually, imagining how it must’ve looked when it was alive before moving on tugging Harry- who looked about ready to cry at the sight- along. The tunnel was at a slight incline, allowing the various liquids and thick black goop to travel downwards while we went up. The further we walked, the darker it got. Holes in the roof became more spaced out, as the creatures got bigger and the tunnel got darker. Down here, you had almost no sense of time. I couldn’t exactly tell how much time had passed, and I also couldn’t tell how much longer we would have to walk in order to get to the end. The whole tunnel looked the same making it near impossible to guess where we are or how long we have left. I remembered seeing old worn down signs stating that “This part of the Underground is closed for maintenance” close to the end when I was last down here.