Chapter 2

Chapter2

Virus

Word count: 1,186

Dedication: @Lnyce15, @Deadlywhiterabbit and @Kingcommenter

P.S this is in Niall’s POV unless I say otherwise. :D

---

I nervously gulped and slowly raised my hands in a sign of surrender. Puppy eyes watched my every move, making sure that I didn’t try anything. Hell, I would be stupid if I did. 4 against one are never good odds. He seemed to be calculating if I was trustworthy, which I might’ve also been doing if it weren’t for the gun in my face, and looked over to curly and the couple who all nodded slightly. I watched the whole exchange with worried eyes. I did not escape death, survive in an apocalypse, and not get turned into a walker just to die by being shot in the face by a couple of muggers- or whatever the hell they were. Puppy eyes turned to me and his gaze softened. He lowered the gun with a huff and I sighed in relief, which apparently was very funny because the one with blue eyes and the one with hazel eyes chuckled under their breath while lowering their weapons. I glared at them slightly offended. If they were in my position they wouldn’t be chuckling, now would they? I thought bitterly. Puppy eyes hesitantly stepped back, and then the other three followed suit, watching me warily like I was going to attack all of them. Yeah right, I’m not stupid. I slowly sat up, keeping my eyes on the four strangers that had found my temporary hideout of sorts. I could see how stiff all four of them are, and their defensive stances. I could tell they were ready to pounce with the slightest wrong movement.

“Can I stand up? Is that okay or are you going to shove the gun in my face again if I do?” I questioned, eyes pointedly looking at puppy eyes. I was shocked when I got a nod from curly, gesturing for me to stand up with a reassuring smile that showed two dimples. This boy was perfect. Dimples? What else? I nodded in thanks and stood up, slowly as not to make puppy eyes shoot at me. No sudden movements like with a predator. Ha.

I was now standing up straight, watching the group warily. They seemed to be watching me with the same gaze, and they looked as if they didn’t trust me. Well, I didn’t trust them as far as I could throw them, which evidently was not very far. But then again they did shove a gun in my face. So no, I did not trust them. I scanned the room, my eyes landing on my stuff scattered around at the other end of the room. I frowned slightly; I always kept my stuff together and near me just in case, especially my weapons. I then recalled that I wasn’t alone, and my stuff moving probably had something to do with them. They must’ve kicked or moved them away from me in my sleep. I smirked; damn they were smarter than I gave them credit for, that’s for sure.

Curly then smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

“Um…Sorry?” he muttered quietly in a deep, slow, British accent and I had to stop myself from swooning over his voice. I mean, sure he’s hot but I didn’t trust him or any of the four for that matter. I don’t trust people, never did and never will. And its been worse since Greg’s death, but overall there wasn’t many people around anymore and they were hardly trustworthy so it was pretty easy to not trust people anymore. And they aren’t any different, no matter how hot curly is.

“So if you’re not here to rob and murder me, then why are you here?” I questioned, bitterness seeping into my words.

“That’s none of your bloody business.” Puppy eyes seethed. Damn, what was his problem? Its not like he woke up with a gun in his face this morning? Ha.

“Actually it is. You made it my business the second you stepped into this building and decided to wake me up with a bloody gun in my face. You put the gun in my face, automatically making it my business!” I retorted, glowering at him and crossing my arms over my chest defensively. The raven haired lad stepped into the space between us, causing us both to take a few steps back from where we unintentionally stepped forward.

“Okay, okay. Easy. It’s a fair enough question. Okay? We’re here because we’re trying to get to the safe zone and ran into a group of zombies. Too many for us to take on without attracting even more.” He explained in a deep- but not as deep as Curly’s- British accent.

“Then why the hell did I have to wake up with a fucking gun in my face?!?!” I hissed between gritted teeth. My hands clenched into fists on my sides. I didn’t want to attack them, they had numbers.

“We don’t know you, nor did we trust you. You could’ve killed us and mobbed us and that wasn’t a risk we were willing to take.” The feather haired one responded, with a slightly higher pitched voice and a- was that Yorkshire- British accent, raising his hands up in a sign for peace. I sighed exhausted and nodded.

“Fair enough, I guess.” I muttered quietly and made my way to the large panoramic window, gazing outside. I cursed under my breath when I saw two dozen or so walkers- or zombies as they called them- aimlessly roaming in front of the store. Some decided to walk around the sides, trying to find a way in most likely. My shoulders slumped in defeat, guess I wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

“Does our story check out then?” Puppy eyes asked; almost sounding afraid that I would say no and kill all of them. I chuckled and nodded, a sigh- of what seems to be relief- came out of all four of their mouths simultaneously and I laughed. That was weird, but also kind of cool.

“I’m Louis!” The feathered haired one- Louis- said excitedly waving his hand erratically. I smiled slightly at how happy he seemed to be. “that’s Zayn.” He said pointing to the raven haired boy.

“His boyfriend.” He said stepping forward and wrapping an arm around Louis, sending me a pointed look. I raised my hands in a mock surrender position and cracked a small smile at the cute couple.

“’M Harry.” a deep voice said and I smiled. Harry. It fit him. “’Nd that’s Liam” He said pointing to puppy eyes, who huffed in annoyance but eventually cracked a small grin.

“Niall.” I said, giving them all a small smile.

After all we are stuck here for today.

----

Okay, so its almost late… but not. So I hope you guys like this chapter.

And they are all finally acquainted! Yay!

6 Comments and votes for an update by lets say Saturday.

Comment: Zouis if you liked this chapter.

DEDICATION TO FUNNIEST COMMENTER!

~RAWR

Xx V