67: a bit of guilt

Mulai dari awal

And there goes the vivid memories of what happened at the pub. The slut who keeps on pestering me no matter I showed little to none of my attention.

Oh shit.

Don't tell me...

"What did you do Pi?" ulit ko.

Nag-iwas siya sa akin ng tingin. “Nothing.”

“Pi...” I said in a warning tone.

“Nothing much to worry okay?” she assured me and pressed my palm. “I need to apologize to you for acting like a bitch... I was just having a bad day. I’m sorry Rocket.”

Tinitigan ko siya nang matagal. I have a lot to worry in mind right now even if she assured me I don’t have to worry. The more calm she is, the more scary. But right now her apology sounded sincere but there is still that sinister feeling behind.

Or maybe it’s just me being paranoid. I held her hand tighter and brought it to my lips for a light kiss at the back of her palm. “No, ako dapat ang magsorry—”

“No, I should be the one. That’s why I arranged this trip for us, my way of saying sorry,” she said at matamis na ngumiti.

Well, no point in pointing fingers who's fault it is. For now, we have to enjoy this so called trip... or my abduction, as what it really is.

***

Pi

We arrived at the island in no time. I was weirdly happy today when I decided to burn the pub to ashes and shoot the slut on the leg once. Or maybe six times, not really sure. Like I said, it's nothing much for him to worry. At least the slut's alive no matter how I want her dead.

Two days, we will stay here for two days. I think that time is enough for me to think it over and end my misery when we come back.

I have to do it no matter what. Even if Rocket oppose to it, I don't care. I can only live in peace if I avenge my mom's death.

I felt something cold touched my back kaya napalingon ako. It was Rocket holding a blended drink on his hand at inabot iyon sa akin. He kissed my cheek before sitting beside me on the sand.

"Something is bothering you?" he asked.

Ngumiti ako at umiling. "No, wala naman. I'm just... Tired. Sa byahe, I guess."

Bumuntong-hininga siya at hinarap ako. "Pi, I'm your husband and if something is bothering you, you should tell me. If you have something in mind, tell me. Do not keep secrets, please?"

How could I tell him I want to kill his father? If I do, we'll end up fighting again gayong kababati lamang namin. He looked at me, silently begging to tell him my worries but I looked down and avoided his gaze.

I was glad when he surrendered at hindi ako pinilit.

"I think this trip is actually a good way for us to know each other. Tell me things about you Titless," sabi niya. It was his cocky tone, the one I've known. Not the submissive husband I have.

"Like?"

"Everything."

"Uhm... Advanced Financial Accounting is my lowest rate in the board," sagot ko. All. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang pwedeng sabihin but since he said anything, I think that will do.

He nodded a bit. "I took some class to be a barista when I was 19."

My eyes widened. "Oh my gosh, you did? Fuck Rocket, you in a white barista uniform and apron around your waist? That is so fucking hot!"